1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This and the fact that it would have been totally possible to create a single player experience. It's not that they haven't done this before. It seems that interest was lost on this aspect or the game was pushed into a different direction... Fact is, the single-player part of SotA is not good. Indeed it is very bad. And nothing is done to change this, quite the contrary - even the new quests go more and more the MMO route... Yet still the game is advertised with a "single-player arrative" which I still have to find somewhere in there...

Koldar, Jens_T and Sir Cabirus like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you again, Lord_Darkmoon and also Sir Cabirus, for providing your feedback and holding the banner for Soloplay!
    I really try to understand what's the point - of course I have to translate it from English to German ;)

To make it clear again: I am a great fan of Soloadventures.
    I started to play without any expectations, how the story of Shroud of the Avatar should be ...

For me, it would be interesting to know CONCRETE, what you expect from the Solo mode and what has to be changed to satisfy your needs?
    Telling us, someone said something sometimes don't give me a feeling what you are thinking of?

Also saying, it's too late, isn't right. Every time I came late to my lessons at Wallstreet Institute I told my Englishteacher Bob:
    "Sorry, I am too late!", and he always answered: "That's not right! You're late - not too late!"

1. Why do you think, the new quests go more and more the MMO route?
    (If you mean the repeated bringing of sacks of grain and bedrolls: This loop isn't inside anymore after last patch. And it was just one small quest.)

2. What kind of quests would you prefer for the game? (Why must it be different in Solomode?)

As I know, I did all all quests and I can't say they are uninteresting or different from other soloquests I played in the past.
    The new Highvale side story about Frostgeister is interesting, too.
    And the end of the oracle path in Episode 1 was really exciting and seems to be the beginning of a very interesting further story ...
    I also like the storline in the Hidden Vale about Braemar, Owl's Head, Kingsport, Ravenwood ...
    And I hope, the finishing Questpart about the Lych will be polished next Releases, too :)

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

1. Most quests revolve around finding someone or something or killing something. Yet quests can be so varied like modern RPGs show.

2. I would like multilayered quests with moral choices that can be solved with different solutions and have consequences.

Lets take the murder in Ardoris quest. We follow some clues and bring the murderer to justice - end of story.

What I would like to see would be a murder happening, then chasing the murderer through the streets, fighting him, but he escapes. We track him down to his hideout and discover some notes that he has to act this way as some necromancer keeps his daughter captive. If he doesn't kill for the necromancer his daughter will die. Now we need to find the necromancer who himself is afraid of death. If he doesn't get fresh blood from killed people he will die. We can try to persuade him that his death would be the best for all - he can rest in peace and the people in Ardoris can continue their lifes without fear of being murdered. Yet the Necromance also heard about a magical artifact that can lift his curse. We can try to find this artifact which itself keeps someone else alive. We must decided who gets to live and who dies. Someting like that. Quests a with deep story, with some twists, decisions etc.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    GiaTuareg, gtesser, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, hearing my heartbeat, while reading this post? ;)

Yes, you're right. I also would like such quests :) Hope you read about my suggestions of finding a werewolf terrifying a small village or getting a hint from a beggar, we gave a lot of gold over the time...
    After finishing the base programmings, I really hope that we will find more quests like these ...

Until this, let's tell about bugs and unlogical things in the story so far ;)

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think that everything seems okay to me specifically because my previous long-term game was FFXI. The kind of quest content that SotA is developing seems completely natural to someone who had played FFXI, except maybe a bit more forced-solo quest content than I'm used to. On the other hand, I get to see more "interesting" effects of making the quests a bit less strict about multi-player mode, such that other people can affect your experience by opening doors, taking keys, etc., in situations where FFXI would pull you into cut-scene mode to receive an item or go through a particular door. And if interference from other players becomes a problem, all I have to do is switch to FO or SP mode for a while.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Hey, look, still no real crafting changes. Seriously @DarkStarr , if the unfinished mess of a crafting system is as good as we're getting, you should just tell us. Rip that band-aid off quickly, because stringing the crafters along like this is dishonest.

discipleofweb likes this.
  7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm a lot a bit sad I don't see anything in there about abilities relating to refining :(

discipleofweb likes this.
  8. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

It doesn't matter when the release is.

The game sells if people are interested in it. full stop.

People will overlook 10 out of your 10 listed priorities if the game is compelling fundamentally.

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What happen to brewery?

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    What happened to the "Find a Group" feature?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.