Quest items respawn dynamics

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nodein, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodein

Nodein Avatar

Hello,

I'm interested in understanding the shared quest item respawn dynamics. Particularly:

Note: by way of example take one of the 'north shattered hills' orb special quest items:

- What is the time for quest item to respawn?
    - Does this time change:
    if avatars are nearby?
    if avatars are in the whole quest area (i.e. in north shattered hills)?
    if avatar already has the item (at one point I got two water orbs)?
    if a group of avatars are doing a shared quest as part of a guild?
    if a group of avatars are doing a shared quest as part of an adventuring party?​

Finally, if in an adventuring party what impact do loot rules have on the respawn rate?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Best,
    Nodein

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello Nodein. I would not count on being able to do a shared quest. Many quests I have done only one can be doing the quest. So you do have to designate for example who is looting the body. For example killing the lich who drops a book and someone else loots the book so only that player gets the quest item and the lich. Also another quest was the mirror quest that opens a door and after completion of killing the mobs and boss only one person could loot the quest item. So party questing does not always work unless you are aware that only one will get the quest item on that visit. For the mirror quest we could not get the item to respawn another time from doing it until a later date. Anyway so I'm with you in trying to find out about this. Please help @Puuk @Lum the Mad. Group questing is not clear on the rules imo ;) when adventuring with others. Could we please get some guidelines?

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.