Quest levels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laska, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laska

Laska Avatar

I have been playing with a friend and we find quests that say you should be able to do this, only to find a really powerful monster at the end that kills us in a couple hits.

Am I missing something. It does not look like the description on how hard quests are, are very accurate many times. This can be really frustrating when you have put in a lot of time on a quest only to get killed by something totally out of your league and now suffer the set backs of death as in skill loss and armor and weapon durability. If the descriptions said this is way to tough for you I would not try it at that point.

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Could you be more specific? Where does this quest take place? What is the mob? And what is the adventurer level of you and your friend?

Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  3. Laska

Laska Avatar

I will reply with that info when I get back from work thanks.

Numa likes this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I think that the character level to quest level could be a lot clearer and probably needs some updates.

That said, some quest areas are really difficult at the level we are generally given them. So, we're left with mid-quest self-leveling in other areas or we have to figure a sneaky way to get around the tough guys. An example of this are quests that lead you through open PvP areas. There are ways to get to the quest locations without going into the PvP areas. But, it takes research and time to figure them out.

Sneaky and thoughtful doesn't happen to be my main's style. So, dents and death are common place. :)

Numa likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Its difficult to align 'can you succeed at this quest at your level' to character level because our skill system is so diverse and because gear makes such a significant difference.
    I remember struggling through the main questline at adventure level 60 or so the first time, dying repeatedly, etc. But this was years ago, before so many changes to skills and gear and progression rates. With the outskirts now and xp rate doubled, its a different story - before, you could still be woefully low level when heading up to the necropolis or subsequent parts of the love path quest.
    The difference in my experience, doing the main questline 'back in the day' compared to on an alt today was night and day. I expect that many of the quest journal assessments of relative difficulty have not been updated in light of this. Two adventure-level-50 characters can have QUITE a different experience depending on skill/gear choices so its not an easy thing to reflect.

Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I believe the journal has a note at the bottom of each quest whether something should be easy for me to do or not. Might be worth looking at the comments.

Numa likes this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

If these quests take place in areas seething with undead mobs then we could be seeing the side effect of the recent boosts on power and hp to the liches. skeleton mages and skeleton warriors.

I think I'll pay a visit to the Plains of Righ Inis (a favorite farming spot of mine for venom sacs and rusty weapons) and see what it's like now.

That zone is near enough to draw new player traffic. And it's easy to get swarmed if you're not careful.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think like all MMO's if a quest is too hard you may have to come back and go do other things to get stronger. This is not like other games with a Linear path to levels. There were many a time in the quests that I had to go do other things come back and see if I could complete or in some cases some required me to consider group to complete as it was clear that I would either need to gain many levels or seek help.

Barugon and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.