Quest lines ready for play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I read so many posts about broken quest lines. I have not started any yet because I am waiting for final polish. At this time I am asking anyone who knows of quest lines that are without glitch to identify them here. It is time for me to start some of these and it would be great to know where to start.

2. Verit

Verit Avatar

I just reset and ran through the entire main questline.
    The only issue that I ran into was a couple of journal entries that didn't update until I completed the following step.

Aldo likes this.
  3. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

There are issues still in lots of quests in my opinion that cause frustration. Here is a simple example that gets repeated over and over through many quests. A starter quest in Solace Bridge Outskirts. An Alchemist (named Ackerley) is doing research on zombies. He wants you to bring him a "fresh zombie olfactory gland". you agree and off you go to kill zombies. You get the gland and happily return to Ackerley. You say "I got the zombie gland". He says "I know nothing of that" (something like that anyway, but the point is the keywords zombie and gland do not trigger satisfaction of the quest. In that quest here are things I tried to say that did nothing:

gland
    zombie gland
    olfactory gland
    zombie olfactory gland
    fresh zombie olfactory gland
    research (since he is using it for research)

Guess what triggers the NPC to actually take the gland.......

"help" triggers the NPC to take the gland.

wow ... just ... wow

I know these guys can build a better parser. Every term I used should have worked, and it makes little sense that "help" was the key word.

4. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I've noticed a few fetch quest rewards where the item is automatically given to the NPC upon initiation of talking (Soltown crafting training, etc..), but others require cryptic or unrelated keywords. I'd prefer it automatically trigger and/or automatically be placed into the trade window instead of requiring me to find a keyword, scroll through my inventory, then drag it over - way too many steps.

At the very least the trigger word/phrase should be first in the list next time conversation is initiated when the user has the proper item in inventory. In addition, a "ah I see you are still working on finding my lost fishing boots of water walking + 2" would be helpful when re-initiating conversation with a NPC and the user is without items needed to complete the task.

Moiseyev Trueden and Aldo like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Looking for quests that are working as expected. There are many threads talking about what does not work. Hopefully there are some quests (main quests) that work from end to end so people can get to work on them exclusively. I realize that there are issues about tier levels not appropriate for the questing avatar, but assuming that a warning is posted about that in the journal, are there quests that can be finished from beginning to end without fatal glitches?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have a whole set of videos that will get you through many quests.

Aldo, MasterWan and Kara Brae like this.
  7. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Lots of good quests in Aeire that I found, and kiln, and owls head, and ardoris, and don’t forget the virtue armor quests. There are a few bugs here and there with quests but nothing like the wide spread epidemic some are referring to. Get out there and explore, talk to bar patrons and bartenders, listen to rumors.

Aldo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. tableclown

tableclown Avatar

My quest is slaying millions of monsters and finding supply caches. Also, leveling all the tradeskills (except farming because I don't like it).

Aldo likes this.
  9. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

That's what I'm doing for now also. Hope they tighten up the quest system some day.

10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

To my knowledge, all the quests on Hidden Vale work with only minimal guesswork on phrasing (bartender quests and Clink quest being only ones that jump to mind). Not saying they couldn't all use some polish, but they are mostly good to go.

Aldo likes this.
  11. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

Strangely enough, one of my new quest lines in the game is actually trying to figure out the trigger word to actually finish particular points in the quest. Like the one you mentioned, I would find myself trying all sorts of trigger words until I found the solution, and that would feel like a quest all its own. At the time, it's really, REALLY frustrating, but after I've succeeded and one more thing disappeared from my quest journal, I feel like I have climbed Mount Olympus, which I would have done earlier if I realized that it didn't accept "climb" but wanted "walk up" instead.

Moiseyev Trueden and Aldo like this.
  12. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I’ll have to check out those quest videos

Aldo likes this.
  13. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

How do you reset the quest line?

Aldo likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

On the screen where you have the option to Resume or Start on World Map, there's a gear icon in the upper right corner.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Aldo likes this.
  15. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

Ah ok. Thank you.

Aldo and Barugon like this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Generally, the glitches are in the compass markers/journal entries not going away.

Matt Harris and Aldo like this.
  17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

If you like to do them - really, you can :)
    A summarize of disturbing and distracting game elements detracting the enjoyment while following the storyline can be found here.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.