Quest Question

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by dcyumyum, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

I read that fishing was introduced recently. Are there any fishing related quests?
    Also, I'm looking for daily repeatable quests. I've looked into some of the major cities, but only found some one time quests. Am I looking in the wrong place??

Thank you in advance.

Vladamir Begemot and majoria70 like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s no fishing quest currently, but there is the main Chapter 1 Quest as well as several side quests all over. Take a look here to get started.

https://ladykathleenrealm.com/shroud-of-the-avatar-quests/

Also if you are new, be sure to finish all 3 of the Outskirts areas, as they provide a TON of xp.

3. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

Thank you, I started those quests but was looking for some job type quests. That way I can see what I might want to do on the side that compliments the fishing, craft, etc. Thanks again!

Vladamir Begemot and majoria70 like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree we do need dailies that are for crafting jobs like a fishing daily obtained from fishing merchants called something like 'Catch of the day'. Rewards could be a few rare baits or a fishing hat, or fishing waders. The daily could be progressive so the more days you do this daily gives better rewards.

This is the type of daily that gives a 'reason to play' for those interested in this type of play and don't want to do combat grind for crafting as much.

I feel there is So much we could do with dailies and an in game achievement system to keep players involved.

These are players who want goals provided by the game that they can jump into game and just do them all daily.

There is so much opportunity to give reasons to play for anyone. It takes away the need to figure it out even though some don't mind doing that and stay involved in this game without that imo there are many not being involved in the world because of the missing basics like this. They may come in to the game and flounder and leave.

If given the chance with a daily and achievement system later they would perhaps find their niche with the game as many of us have for the most part. I still have days of missing this reason to play which I feel helps to connect the world in more ways. I just loved Wintergrasp in WOW and I am not normally a PvP type player. ;) @Devs

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree with your point. It is important to note that we are missing this time of involvement for players in the game. I believe the devs are listening to all feedback and ideas to better the game. It is good you bring it up since the Devs are trying to get what's still missing in the game that stops players from enjoying it.

edited

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  6. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

Yes Majoria those are just the examples I was looking for. I thought I was missing another way to get crafting xp. Is the only way to get it from story line quests and harvesting?

Another quest question, the quests I've finished still show up in my quest log. I got xp from completing them, but am I missing something additional to complete them? I keep running around and re reading it but can't figure it out. I have to be missing something but it seems all my quests still have additional steps. Any help be good

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Finishing quests that give xp give you both Adventuring and Crafting xp.

Crafting items, or gathering resources gives you crafting xp (like mining). Fishing also give you crafting xp.

Be sure to check your Crafting tab (press K key), and make sure you are not trying to train too many skills at one time. In fact it is best to turn them all off (set them to show the - sign), and build up crafting xp.

Keep an eye out for the pooled xp you currently have.

As for finishing quests, read the actual journal (press the J key) and see what the next steps you need to do.

If there’s a specific quest you are trying to complete, just let us know.

dcyumyum likes this.
  8. dcyumyum

dcyumyum Avatar

Got it, grateful for the help. TYVM

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Please bug those. They've gotten many fixed but without a report have no idea about the ones that still exist.

Type /bug in your chat window, it copy a bug report template to your clipboard. Paste that in the body of a post then fill it out. And thanks ahead of time.

Also, the first time you craft something you get 5x the experience, and another 5x if it's exceptional. So first craft can get you some huge xp.

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There is a couple job type quests, but really, they are not worth the time for the reward. For example, the bounty hunter/ pilgrim / researcher quests. The first time you get virtues gloves ( if you say the right things ) and each time after give a little exp and coin. The siege quest is repeatable too, and might be the best repeatable ones except for the arcane essence part of it you can only turn in once a day.

dcyumyum and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sometimes, people just aren’t reading the exact next step they need to do to finish a quest, by reading the actual journal entry.

Though yes, unfortunately, a number of quests still won’t clear. Be sure to type /bug in the chat window and paste that information into a post on the bug forum.

dcyumyum and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

If you are just looking for some extra gold, you can do the undelivered mail tasks. Talk to a town crier to get started. I did this a LOT when I first started. First off, you get gold for each new town crier you say hello to and secondly, you get gold for delivering the mail. This got me out and all over the map. And now that we have teleport to zone scrolls, it can help you get that teleport list going.

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah! Doing that mail quest is really good to figure out the location of the various towns all over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.