Question about joining a PoT

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by SamRothstein, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

My question is based upon events after final wipe.

Q: If I want to commit to a PoT that is say, "on the other side of the world" from where my Avatar will first begin his journey, how the heck do I get to the PoT? I hear all this stuff about land rush, but wont we all be LvL 1 type characters - whom will have a hard time traveling across the map without getting killed by NPC's?

Hope this makes sense. Not sure how to claim a plot on the other side of the world. BTW i dont have much more than 6 or 7 hours in game so far, I've been waiting for something like final wipe.

Josh Randall and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome! Even as a level 1 character you can get through control points (you will be dead but can ressurect at the other end). So you will be able to get to that PoT easily.

Even with roaming encounters just run away and exit. I do that now when I have a place to be and cannot make time for those in the SE area on Novia.

3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There are likely to be many ways to get around the map, some require more bravery than others, some more costlier than others or more strategically timed than others.

Lunar gate between Solace Bridge, Highvale and Blood River will exist but the links between them are in timed intervals. Mysterious mages are often stationed in the control points but are costly in price for the new avatar. Running through a control point is probably the easiest, and even if death occurs, the escape is still there by raising at an ankh.

Balandar and Josh Randall like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If you've arranged ahead of time for a spot in a pot, there's no hurry to get there.

Solazur, margaritte and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Hi @SamRothstein!
    The only control points I haven't gone through successfully (without dying) as a brand new avatar are Sanctus Spine and Vaudan Pass. Admittedly, it is necessary to know the way - you can't stand around wondering which way to go - so if you know where you want to live, it is a good time to scout out the route. Alternatively, new players shouldn't find it too difficult to find someone willing to show them the way.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Most of the control points have ankh at the entrance, so in theory, you may be able to run through it in ghost form from one entrance to another end. If it's a one time travel, it's not really a big deal.

Alternatively, make friends with everyone you encounter. You never know one day you can just bump teleport to him/her to get where you want.

Josh Randall likes this.
  7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

This......

8. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

I totally read that as bribery.

9. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

Thank you everbody for your responses! I probably will just try and reserve a spot. I do need to learn a bit more about control points because I dont really recognize what they are. I'm guessing they are teleports of some type?

10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

They are the large wooden gates on the overworld map that require entry in order to continue traveling.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@SamRothstein, also remember that you aren't likely to place right away. Well maybe you could be one of those that has pledged high enough to get the coveted first placement groups. However, if you are just a regular Joe or Jane. you will probably have a bunch of time in game before it's your turn to place a deed.That should help you get around. To find out what group you are in and to check when you can claim a lot, check your acceunt page.

12. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Also, I might as well mention that my town, Breaker's Landing, is centrally located near Brittany, and will have a variety of available lots once my town founders place theirs. Also, becoming a founder who gets a voice in the direction of the town is still available as well, for what it's worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.