question regarding Heraldry & Skills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric Zand, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Salutations,

So this has me confused.

• Founder Heraldry Tabard Leather Chest Armor - I assumed this would show the heraldry, but it does not. I have to salvage it to get the Eternal pattern, then apply it on a crafted piece to see it.. ?
    • Eternal Pattern: Heralrdy Tabart Leather Gloves - If I apply this to an item, then salvage that item in 1 month I get the pattern back.
    • Pattern: Founder Heraldry Tabard Leather Chest Armor - If I apply this to an item, then salvage in 1 month I don't get the pattern back.
    What I don't get is why was I given an item and not an eternal pattern to begin with for the chest armor ?
    There are no indestructible armors that show the heraldry ? Am I misunderstanding something above?

Onto skills.. back before I took a long break we could put skills on "maintain". I still have a lot of skills set to maintain but I noticed no other skills can be set to maintain now and if I change one that is on maintain, option is gone.
    So what was changed?

thank you for any info.

Cheers

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Depending upon where it was acquired, some heraldry stuff was non-eternal and some were eternal. The current COTO store heraldry patterns are all eternal. I believe the stacks of patterns we received with our pledges were non-eternal but the premade armors we received from pledges would yield an eternal.

The reason the initial premade item does not display the heraldry is because it offers the option of the non-heraldry version of that item.

Here are two guides that also provide a lot of great info:

HERALDRY GUIDE BY OAKENHAMMER
    Over at SotASmith.com there is a very helpful guide which explains the heraldry system in a very step-by-step fashion. If you're not sure what to do, head on over and give it a quick read. You'll have it all figured out in no time!
    (Art, Guides, Tutorials)

HERALDRY GUIDE BY SERAFINA
    By now you might have noticed one of the coolest features in-game is to be able to display your heraldry blazon right on your gear and various decoration items. Well this guide by Serafina lays out the basics for getting your custom image into the game.
    (Official, Art, Guides, Tutorials)

Hope this helps! :)

Rentier, FrostII, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The decay on death penalty was removed. Now, only specializations have a maintain setting.

Rentier, FrostII and Elric Zand like this.
  4. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Thank you both!

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.