Questions on: Prosperity Tools, Episodes, and The Dartstarr Moondial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir Ronan, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjek

vjek Avatar

Really? The world would grow horizontally, then vertically, between episodes? :p Doesn't sound reasonable to me.

LoneStranger and Gracekain like this.
  2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

lol

(80 x 70) x2 = 160 x 140 not 80 x 140 and so on

vjek likes this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

From the link Sir Isycle posted:
    [Edit: the above is essentially repeated from the Kickstarter stretch goal. It's not really new information, but a clarification.]

Since we believe that the world is approximately 80x70, this would mean that the new count is 160x140. So far, no confirmation of that. Not sure what the hold up is or why they are ignoring the question. Not even a comment of "Oh, we didn't do it yet, but we will." or "Due to the world reveal in the Benefactor Symbol, we have to rework the Novia map."

Honestly, they don't have to actually double the width and height, they just need to give us 22k hexes in whatever configuration is required after planning out the world map. I don't understand why this wasn't figured out a year ago when they made the stretch goal, but there it is.

vjek likes this.
  4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

You realize that's from a Founders area?

1. We understand how exciting the content available to our most dedicated Backers is, and how tempting it is to share the images and information from the Developer Forums and Founders area. However, we respectfully ask that you do your best to keep the information in these areas, well... in these areas. Therefore, please refrain from sharing the content found in the members only area. Thanks for your understanding and support! ~The SotA Dev Team

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Really? Hmm.

(80x70)x2=
    (5600)x2=

160x140=

Those don't mean the same thing at all.

violation and jdrasin like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I looked at the publicly available map along with early views of the overland world and I figured out how to count the hexes. It's not privileged information.

As far as I have ever seen they have NEVER given us a count, not even the initial, pre-doubled count.

vjek likes this.
  7. vjek

vjek Avatar

I think it's evident, by just a few posts, that the lack of clear information in this area isn't helping the community, at all.

What is doubling, from Portalariums perspective?
    What is doubling the width and height, if not north-south and east-west?
    What does doubling the number of hexes in the map that would be populated with a map actually mean? How many were there before? How many now?

And the biggest question...
    Which of the above actually meets the Kickstarter 1.5M goal, precisely?

LoneStranger likes this.
  8. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

Browncoat is quite correct, what you are producing is doubling both axis = quadrupling.

If I have a 100sqft room and say I'm going to double it, that means going to 200sqft. That would mean taking a 10x10room (100sqft) and making it 10x20 (200sqft). Making it 20x20 would be a 400sqft room which is 4 times the size of the original room.

Sir Frank and Ronan like this.
  9. vjek

vjek Avatar

Argue with Portalarium. :)

10. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

This confusion, for months, is why I havent updated the google map version of the Novia map @ sota.onarom.com

No point considering the entire thing is supposed to get lat/long fixes and a "hex" overlay.

Things like this, non-communication (in this case 2 flat out refusals via the weekly question poll), were, and now completely do, take the wind out of any contributions I wanted to make to this community.

The whole point of the KS, what I heard, why I pledged, has jack to do with RG or Ultima. It was a promise of doing something more BY the community for the community.

And so I am clear: Even the current state of submitting assets is in horrible shape. There is next to nothing in terms of community contribution pipeline other than posting something here, which you hope they read, or arguing about design on the threads they do post.

This thread is a perfect example of how not to run communication, a topic I have asked to be more clear and beneficial to all involved, since 2 months into the actual project; this is the end result of "mystery" for zero reason.

11. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

This isn't an argument, I simply stated what 'doubling in size (volume)' means. The Kickstarter says 'Starting Continent Doubles in Size' so if they are actually quadrupling the size, they are being overly generous. You won't find a complaint from me.

12. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

That's why we asked for a clarification on what it meant. The answer was that they doubled the length and width, which yes, would be a quadrupling in size.

jdrasin and vjek like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

(80 x 70) x 2 = 11,200
    160 x 140 = 22,400

I actually think they have a valid point that it could easily end up being closer to 112 x 100 (11,200)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.