Questions re: P.O.T. Decorations, Containers, Permissions, etc.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Celthon, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Have a P.O.T. Submission Form filled out and locked, but until it's actually in the game cannot play with the "toys" yet, and am hoping other P.O.T. owners can answer some basic questions.

>Can I place Crafted and/or Store-Bought Decorations in an area that is not in an actual "Lot" -- for example can I create an area along/adjacent to the Tavern NPC Building to create the look of an outdoor seating/dancing area with a stage...or would I have to place a lot next to the Tavern, claim it, and then decorate the claimed Lot to make it look like an extension of, or part of, the Tavern?

>If I can place decorations in parts of my P.O.T. that are not actually on a lot, does that include containers -- such as chests; and can I set Permissions on them such that Residents/Visitors could take or leave items in the container, but not remove it or move it; or would Permissions like that require the container to be on a Lot I had claimed?

>Am I able to decorate inside any of the NPC Buildings of the P.O.T.?

>Do I have to place an NPC Building to be able to place the corresponding NPC; for example to use the Combat Merchant NPC would I have to place his/her shop as well?

>Do the NPC Buildings have corresponding Crafting Stations -- for example does the Magic Shop NPC Building have an Alchemy Crafting table/station, and the Cooking Shop a Cooking Station, etc.?

Thank you for your time and assistance. And if this is all information that has been put elsewhere I apologize for not finding it and ask for a link to the other information.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

>Can I place Crafted and/or Store-Bought Decorations in an area that is not in an actual "Lot" -- for example can I create an area along/adjacent to the Tavern NPC Building to create the look of an outdoor seating/dancing area with a stage...or would I have to place a lot next to the Tavern, claim it, and then decorate the claimed Lot to make it look like an extension of, or part of, the Tavern?
    A: Yes, you should be able to place lots next to the NPC buildings.

>If I can place decorations in parts of my P.O.T. that are not actually on a lot, does that include containers -- such as chests; and can I set Permissions on them such that Residents/Visitors could take or leave items in the container, but not remove it or move it; or would Permissions like that require the container to be on a Lot I had claimed?
    A: Some items are allowed to be placed on POT land outside lots (NPC, NPC buildings, walls, pavement, fountain, wells, etc). It's best to ask around before making any purchase. As far as the container goes, only public chest and the ornate version can be placed directly on the POT.

>Am I able to decorate inside any of the NPC Buildings of the P.O.T.?
    A: Nope :(

>Do I have to place an NPC Building to be able to place the corresponding NPC; for example to use the Combat Merchant NPC would I have to place his/her shop as well?
    A: In the dynamic POT, there is no restriction. (There was supposed to be one for static town, I believe).

>Do the NPC Buildings have corresponding Crafting Stations -- for example does the Magic Shop NPC Building have an Alchemy Crafting table/station, and the Cooking Shop a Cooking Station, etc.?
    A: Some does have crafting stations. Others done.. I'll let someone chime in on this.

Spoon likes this.
  3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

As to whether you can make a seating dancing stage without a lot. Possibly. Pavers for a dance floor should work. As for seating, I'm not sure. Starr was pretty explicit that he did not want pots to be just really big houses, so there are many deco items that won't work without being in a lot.

Public cache chests are allowed outside of lots. Haven't tried normal ones. If they ate allowed, they would likely just follow the permissions you set for the town.

4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you for the replies and information. I understand the reasoning for the limits.

5. raistlinii

raistlinii Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.