Quick ?: Word/character count limit of books in game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alfric Jodoc, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

Hello,

I was thinking of writing the history of my PoT (Wythmail) as a project for NaNoWriMo, then placing said text into books in the game for folks to find & read. However, I am unsure as to the word/character count limit of these digital books (and the NaNoWriMo work, ideally, will be 50k words long before November's end).

I'm prepared to place the story into multiple books/volumes, but I'd like to be able to get a rough estimate of how many I'll need.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Per Release 19 Instructions (when books were first implemented):

By the way, the Magical Printing Press is now functional so you can copy books in game after you create one.

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

That's a generous offer of you. I think I'll make one and then make a copy just to test out the printing press... not sure if I'll sell them for gold since the wipe is happening next week.

One concern I have though is that the "Author" might show as me since I'm making the book with your story. The only credit that would be given to you is the "Told by xxxx" that you have under the title. If there are enough characters allowed left, it would only be fair to add your forum name as the Author (or would you prefer to just use the name under the title?)

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I only care about the verisimilitude that the author listed in the text of the book is the fictional character who told the story (Zoe the Bard, Joorus the Scribe, etc). If other people printing the books are listed as authors, so be it. At least the stories will be in game for people to read.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.