Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R11 Level Griding

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

Based on the latest Hangout (should skip to 50:58), the current thinking, which may change:

To get to level 50, it should take about 70 hours of active (grind) play or 100 hours of general play.
    To get to level 100 (soft cap), it should take about 2000-3000 hours of play.

It's unknown however, how many skill points we'll have at 50 or 100 after balancing is done.

Net and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

That seems about right... ;)!
    Based on my own first encounter with grinding my way to LvL 63, it was a very gulling and relentless task... o_O and not one I'm likely to repeat until the game will take on it's game-like retention of skill levels without any wipes in it's future.

The work torture comes to mind about that grinding session I did to achieve that in the amount of time that I did... :confused:
    Now I'm just studying the effects of weapon's tactics (dancing with bears) and noticing any differences between the bears and the occasional elf or kobold, which are much thinner targets.

Indeed, it should be a very difficult grind, or a much more enjoyable adventure based leveling... I do hope to see many monster styles, which would accommodate a wide variety of fighting pleasure. From the melee-able, to the magical, there should be many pathways, where the fighters could have their accommodating creatures and the ranged weapons some of their own as well as the mage play style.
    In our future, I'll be looking at every place as a training area, yet will also look for those areas where 2 avatars could share a bit of conversation for instructional and debriefing breaks between the storms of combat. I also hope there are solo paths as well as those that will require some teamwork.

I'll be interested to see how all that plays out in the off-line mode as well, where a set of companion NPC avatars could fill in those blanks where the online world will be accommodating the other.
    Our Portalarium has chosen a very difficult task in aiming to please everyone, yet have assembled the right team that can do it!!!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

3. Net

Net Avatar

Well, more active players good at figuring out the best XP per second scenarios will get there much sooner. While some more casual players will need much longer time.

Sunswords, Time Lord and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.