R29 postmortem saddened by...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

If you went in the mine for an hour and you got 100 ore. Then your still short 4.5 hrs of mining to make a suit of armor. It takes 577 ore to make the suit. You still don't think that is grinding ? If you think that after spending that kind of time mining and the time it takes to make that ore into Sheets and Ingots then into armor that I will only charge 20k gold. Your crazy! It's going to cost you that much just for the Chest Plate. There are a lot of crafters that will sell for cheaper cause they don't know what it is costing them to make it or just don't care. I'm not that guy and I may have to hold on to mine a little longer but it will sell.
    Oh and by the way. If there is a better place to mine than Etceter Crag Mines. Then let me know your favorite spot. In R29 the re-spawn rate is way way to slow. Standing around 30 min or more to wait for it to start coming back.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

At one point there was talk of "reforging" as a separate process from reparing which would fill the role by your Refurbish Kit.
    If there is to be item affinity, and people become attached to weapons and armor, there needs to be such a system.

3. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

How about making player smiths more popular for repairs - player smiths can repair an item and restore durability back to max, npc deeds would allow for repair but max durability would cap out at 50% of what it could be. Plus a weapon over 50% of its initial max durability gets a 15% damage bonus making players want to get their weapons repaired 'properly'.

Allow for players to sell repair deeds also but if administered by anyone other than the crafting smith it would only take max durability back to 90%.

This is a pretty rough idea but I am sure a balance could be met that would make the desired repair order - player repair, deed (player made) repair, deed (npc) repair. This would keep smiths in work even when not crafting actual gear.

Maybe also add the requirement for a player smith to do repairs when an item hits 0% durability rather than destroying it - it becomes unusable but that sword you killed 9999 skeles with can still be saved...

As well as repairs how about smiths sharpening weapons or buffing armour - they could have another stage beyond full repair that improves effectiveness by a % based on smith skill for the next 24 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.