Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R38 is great

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Lazlo, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Been playing thoroughly since this was released yesterday, and loving everything so far. Wolves finally sound like wolves again yay. Its hard to speak for any performance increases as I also upgraded my graphics card (to something about 2x better), so performance is awesome for me in all ways now :).

2. Retro

Retro Avatar

I'm testing this also, Air is bad, Fire fizzles an insane amount now...yet another reason almost no one wears leather, basically you like the style or you're just a noob that doesn't know any better...but I won't cry, nerfing is generally a good thing.

IMHO the only fizzle rate that needs to be increased is shields...and Leather's fizzle decreased slightly to keep it competitive.

Other then that...wow...awesome release.

Blood Bay...wowo_O

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

I agree there are a lot of good improvements, though personally got to disagree a bit on a few of the points in the OP, too.

- I like they're acknowledging food didn't feel very relevant -- at least if you weren't min/maxing your time per grind -- but I still don't think its that relevant even with combat regen. The regen is slow enough that it doesn't help much in a tough fight -- because you're taking a lot of big hits -- and in an easy fight, you don't have much to worry about anyway. So, to me, there's still little incentive to use food. So I'm going to stick with my view that players need some penalty for not eating for food to feel relevant.

- On the other hand, I think its good that you can regen in combat mode, because your sword being unsheathed seemed a bit of an arbitrary reason to cut off the players regen. With the change, you can skulk around with your sword out and ready for combat, and still heal. Also, you don't have to do this game where you exit combat mode and run around in circles avoiding enemies to heal, making sure not to get hit, so you don't enter combat mode. (Something that would make sense, though, is that you can't regen while losing focus).

- I don't get the removal of weight limit from banks and storage. I'm not even talking about from a realism point of view, because realistically, you wouldn't have a container limit in your home in the first place. What I mean is the devs intention for bank limits to reduce hoarding, unless you get more bank space. Most people are going to be hoarding commodities and won't need more than a certain amount of space (that likely comes with the player's pledge for most people here). So, I don't get if this is a long term thing or a short term thing. Anyway, from my perspective, the opposite change would have been better... keep the weight limit, but remove item limit... like with the player inventory. The item limit is just annoying and arbitrary, like it is in most games. The weight limit would also incidentally prevent absurd things, like putting 200lb fountains in small bags (and putting chests and maybe other bags in bags, speaking of containers holding containers).

- I like that torch durability is finally going in... but I still don't see the incentive to use a torch over a light spell, just like I don't see the incentive to use potions over healing spells. Personally, I don't think this will change until the spells are tied to reagents. Eventually, it would be nice to be able to equip a torch (or a new torch, or unequip) by clicking a torch glyph on the non-combat bar. Lanterns would also be cool... you'd have to refill them. But one of the many disincentives to using a torch currently is that its so tedious to manage.

- Wall lights are finally in ! Is there a craftable one? There really needs to be.

- All of the new scenes in the game are great ! So are the new monsters.

- Conversation interface is off to a good start.

- THE BEST THING ABOUT R38 IS SQUIRRELS.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and By Tor like this.
  4. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Finally got a chance to play r38 and I think its the best release to date. More great releases please!

Thank you for making Bone Armor better, excited to dust of my set and try it out!
    Thank you for the performance upgrades, could notice them immediately!
    Thank you for the crafting improvements, going to work on my enchanting right away!
    Thank you for the in-combat food buffs, look forward to start using food now!
    Thank you for Blood Bay, not much 0f a pvp player but new zones are always welcomed!
    Thank you for Artifacts, we really needed loots and it will be a lot of fun to go camping for them!
    Thank you for the new graphics, earthquake now looks awesome!

The only bummer was not getting the new deck slots, I really wanted those!

5. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

Thank you for adding additional small lights as standard in the larger Shogun village house - I had mentioned in an earlier post that I loved my new house but it was a little dark; a minor complaint and it was so great to have this fixed in such a lovely way.
    Thank you for removing the bulky bags from the back of the cloth epic armor belt - no more poking through the back of my cloak.
    Thank you for so many wonderful new scenes to wander and battle through that are both challenging and beautiful. It is so great to watch these unfold.

6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

All in all... This is as good as 37 was problematic

7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@DarkStarr

Congrats to the Devs,

All the the additions in R38 have been great. While I was talking with guildies in game about the all new potions and items/artifacts it came to me that this is all coming together to be a great game. I just felt it today.

Thanks for all your hard work and putting up with us (He He!).

Keep up the great work you and the Devs have always been doing.

8. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

my fault. Had not been aware that there are 3 modes now, had never been using it -> it is OK

9. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

root is cause is mainly the change in fizzle: "The worst case will be people wielding 2-handed weapons while wearing heavy armor and trying to cast Air, Death, or Fire magic" -> thats exactly me.
    Also seems aggro has increased, I now get attacked by all wolves and bears.
    I think enemies are NOT harder, only me worse....

Stahlknecht, Numa, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  10. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

added a comment to existing thread "Pets are disobedient"

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Id like to add my own +1 to this, this release added so much. I think in someways it was the ton of smaller things that make it now feel like a game nearing release status.. are there bugs? sure, but, imagine all the zones are de-cloned, if this game released now Ive played released games in far worse ways off.<cough Landmark>

will we like every change? no, the odds are not always in our favor.

I'd also like to stress to everyone, its worth getting those bugs in.. But do check no one beat you to it.

Yeah wolves and bears used to run away, now they like smell you from far away and come after you like you're waving rib eye steak shouting come get it.. it can be really irritating..

Bow Vale, Leelu and StarLord like this.
  12. mass

mass Avatar

What color are they to you? Anything green (wolves and bears) still avoids me like the plague.

Leelu and By Tor like this.
  13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

im talking the yellow ones so like deep ravenswood / Ulfheim area.. Wolves used to run away to the point i found it impossible to melee them even with bow you'd shoot, hit them, and they'd run off and hide behind rocks and if necessary run the other side of forever.. Now they are more up to bite me

Leelu likes this.
  14. mass

mass Avatar

Hmmm...It may be adjusted for relative level. I think the only wolves that are yellow to me are Obsidians, although I haven't been to that area in R38, could be scene specific.

Leelu likes this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

FANTASTIC release. The huge fizzle chance increase hurts a bit, but I get why. I have plate on, and a big halberd after all. The potions and rare artifacts are SO much fun going after. This was so needed! The mobs were just too boring before.

Thanks Portalarium! Nice work!

Bow Vale and Numa like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Plate is also supposed to provide the best protection against Air, Death and Fire magic - I guess this is the downside.

17. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I have been using Air (112 attu) these days and no issue, just a bit fizzle increase, nothing to cry about tbh :)

Leather will get some love (light armor skills) with time, patience.

Retro and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.