1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R44 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

@DarkStarr , @Lord British

"RadioMan: right now many things you kill, and items you open, are very unsatisfying in what you get. Something that is hard to kill, should have more the 15 gold inside it. The balance of risk vs reward, and adjusting toplayer level is very much out of whack
    We recently looked at this and you have to consider that there is a lot more loot than just the “15 gold” you quote. There are usually lots of gem fragments, a weapon, and now supply bundles too. The average value of the total loot from most of the mid to high level creatures is 239 gold. Yes you have to actually process and/or sell it to realize that value but the value is there."

Ok. Might I make a suggestion. When you analyze this, aggregate it by mob type, mob level, and skull level of zone.

Even when processing materials, nearly all mobs I kill have far less than 239 in value of items contained within them. This number makes me wonder if you had biased Blood River data in the math. With that zone, before it was patched, I could well believe the 239 number.

As a specific example, my first kill of a Siege Cabalist, last week, netted me 15g and 1 reagent.

Many, many mobs only drop 1-25 gold.

Many more drop 1-25 gold +1 item that sells for 5-15 gold.

often I will go out and kill stuff in a 4 or 5-skull zone for 3+hours, come back and after replacing reagents net less than 10k gold

Seriously go out and play, not perform poorly designed aggregations, but actually play and see what results you get. I am fully aware that there are those who can solo bosses like clockwork and reap very high rewards. The rest of us peons should not suffer because the content does not scale well.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr, there is a question I posed that went unanswered:
    There was also this one, which you answered with the same "We have to separate pets from their owners" tech challenge:
    However I posed this question as there are already PoT NPCs that function in-game and are not dependent on their Owners being in-game.
    Could there be a Practice Dummy made that was one of these types of NPC? They don't seem to have the same limitations and technical challenge that 'pet' NPCs do.

Pebbles and Numa like this.
  3. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

that's a lot of questions! Thanks Starr.

4. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

Yes please can we have this? One of the most common questions I get as a landlord, is "can I have a practice dummy in the basement?" And it stinks that I have to be there for them to use it.

Pebbles likes this.
  5. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

Really? The last couple times that I visited Ardoris I was never given a option to choose a starting location. Every time I have visited Adoris recently there was a Siege going on, maybe while there is a Siege you can't choose the starting location?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The only person that can use a practice dummy is the lot owner, regardless of how the permissions are set. When will this be fixed?

Pebbles and Dereck Visaard like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It depends on where you're standing when you click the enter button.

8. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

yes, not to spam the thread, but +100 here. it's a big black eye on the rental system. most tenants want a basement with crafting tables and/or a practice dummy. at best they can have 50% right now.

Barugon and Pebbles like this.
  9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If the lot owner is in town anyone can use the practice dummy

Barugon and Stundorn like this.
  10. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

True, but how realistic is that for a rental scenario? If I have a rental property on the other side of Novia, IMO, it's not reasonable to babysit my practice dummy so my tenants can use it. What about players in different timezones? Am I supposed to login in the middle of the night so my Oceanic tenant can practice? :)

Stundorn and Barugon like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Eh how is that possible?
    By math it's 20.808 hours, but since persistence less hours/ days have passed?!!
    Good answer, maybe some have exaggerated.
    Cool

Can we toggle through Decks by AltGR and mousewheel or CTRL+1-9?

12. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I would guess it is meant "...867.6 days of play time since R1" and not since FW. ;)

13. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

That's 16 hrs a day, every day, for over 3 1/2 years. (Or 14 hrs a day, every day, for over 4 years) I don't see how that's possible. Even with nothing else to do. Gotta eat, gotta sleep, gotta shower.

14. oplek

oplek Avatar

Well, I mean, I suspect some people go AFK a lot.

15. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Just as oplek said they do not necessarily played the whole time…just the SotA-client has to be active and that way you can easily add 24 h each day to the counter even if you just played 8h. ;)

16. Curt

Curt Avatar

Seems my two of my questions was ignored.

17. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I have been wearing the Heart and Crown for a while and still have a white Shroud so no change that I can tell.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  18. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere, but is the number based on the number we see in the skill tree window? Or the proficiency number we see when we mouse over the skill (the number that is used for crafting)? Thanks!

Paladin Michael likes this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Personally, I suggest just making each spouse a co-owner on the lot, unless you really want to do per-item permissions. That's what my wife and I do.

20. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If your question is about crafting skills, they aren't used to calculate decay. Only adventure skills are to calculate decay.

21. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Duplicate post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.