Raffles - really? What a joke!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh Randall, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I have found these raffles to be a real joke and absurd!

I mean really...

You have players who have won DOZENS of homes/plots yet you have other players who won NOTHING and still don't have a home/plot!

What a joke!

Go ahead and flame me all you want, but there is no way you can justify this type of absurdity!

gtesser, Mikeyta, Solazur and 21 others like this.
  2. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

They keep looking for gold sinks for the game, yet you can't just save up for a lot and home like you would in any real world.

Why not just set the prices in gold and give people another in game goal?

Toadster, Mikeyta, Brickbat and 4 others like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

You realize that the people winning multiples are groups of people right? most guilds r pooling on their leaders, thn distributing right?

You realize if it was a set price in game gold, those groups would still buy the same amount, making 0 control over the limited space, making new players have no chance right?

You realize 90% of the winners were individuals, and im willing to bet solid 20 % of that was from free tickets.

You propose they sell something thats supposed to be limited, for a set amount of in game gold to... what? make it easier for broke / new players?
    What do you think is a good price to make up for 90 $ on store? 90k? 150k? 200k ? how many people dropped 200k n didnt win anything? is 90 or 150 or 200k going to make it easier for those without lots yet?
    Its been what 3 months since final wipe.
    Property ownership is supposed to be late game and end goal. hense the easily upgradeable bank. Or renting options. Or the numerous guilds who pooled to GET extra housing for their members.. and you think 3 days in makes someone deserve a house?

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

That would take away any chance of casually players getting a lot, as most of them would be scooped up quickly by those organized with tons of gold. At least the raffle, even flawed, gives folks a chance.

Womby, FrostII, Sara Dreygon and 7 others like this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thats not even touching on the hilarity of the idea that youd think 1 person is keeping 12 or 15 lots just for the hell of it.
    The sheer taxes means if they wanna drop 15k gold or more a day just to .. what .. look at them??

Most people sell any excess lots. its very possible for a new or solo player to GET property.
    If your struggling that much, youd probly struggle to pay the tax anyways. look into renting.

Or if you seriously feel uve got 500 hours in, are GM already yet somehow cant comprehend making enough money to GET a deed, consider asking for help or advice. it takes time but even solo, a few weeks should be enough to straight up buyout a deed from someone, or sell that gold for store credit.

6. Grunge[MPK]

Grunge[MPK] Avatar

Are we getting more spots till release?

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes the raffle will continue, although with a lesser total of available lots as they stretch it out till/through(?) launch. Eventually all deeds available for E! will be gone and any further lots appearing for E2. The total lots in the raffle is said to be 30% more than the total amount sold via pledges, add-on store, etc.

8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

...I have heard rumors about guilds which takes care of their members, also I know there is very generous people who are giving deeds for others than guildies too. All this is possible because of raffles... just saying...

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Many lot deeds have been sold for much cheaper cost than the add-on stores and the original in-game price before final wipe. It actually makes lot deeds overall more affordable especially the POT row lot deed (around 40k - 80k or $40 - $60 USD). People are even selling POT town lot deed at 200k-400k (even under $150 USD)

The only group of people who are obviously getting screwed are folks who bought plenty of lot deeds expecting to sell them for profit later on. But then if there is no one who is willing pay to that price, all their deeds would worth $0 anyway.

According to this poll https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/poll-do-you-own-a-deed.69320/#post-693080 while the total survey sample is small, but looking at the trend right now, there are more people with deeds than those who don't. So I think we're still on the good track if the goal is to make sure that everyone at least has a chance to get a shot at obtaining a lot deed one way or another.

10. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

It is the lack of concern toward the current lottery distribution system that I find most worrisome.

cobran and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

If everything was just sold like real life real estate it would build a real estate market.

They could even make for sale signs and brokers might actually spring into existence. That's a sandbox, not some unrealistic land lottery. Sorry but I still think a real gold market is best, especially with property taxes the way they are.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  12. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I am just a regular joe, low tier pledge, never bought a raffle ticket. Even someone like me won a deed so it is possible.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

No, groups of people with the goal of selling them (aka, "factory farmers")

The OP is right, I still fundamentally dont understand the idea behind this ridiculous raffle.

Give the damn things to newer players only so they stick around.

Josh Randall, Ice Queen and Weins201 like this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Thats the thing tho. Houses are a luxary, not a requirement. whats better way to do it? sell them for set amount of igg?
    Then what? if they are limited.. then they will get bought out easier as its a guarentee. or its unlimited. in which case pledging or buying from store makes 0 sense and basically screws the people who spent money.
    Housing SHOULD be a high demand item. Its the end game goal, not a starter item. And lets say people ARE farming rafffle. so? the capped value on a row deed is 85$ because of the store.
    meaning these farmers simply add IGG items to buy for people who dont want to spend the cash.

Looking at winner list agian, i hold that the few multi winners are guilds n groups. And considring i know how much my guile put in, props to the ones that put in more. thats a LOT of combined time.

As of right now anyone can get to a house if they put the time in.
    And housing HAS to stay limited enough to stay near store value. cant be handiny out end game. might aswell hand me my end gear because i dont wanna put the timr into farming.

Womby, Numa, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There are couple people that were given row lot deeds for free. I have not seen them online for a few weeks now. So an easy hand out wouldn't help much with players retention either.

16. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

Biggest problem I have with the lottery is it is not built around specific deed type. All I am interested in is a City Deed. I would prefer my lottery tickets go toward a city deed and I imagine people who just want a row deed would prefer people like me not pulling wins from the row deeds

Thwip, Kaisa, Vaentorian and 8 others like this.
  17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

what? I didn't win anything in the first raffle but instead of getting mad for not winning... I tried again and this time I bought more... now I have a home in Aldwater... come visit... the door is never locked... LOL

18. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Same here. Some of the deeds I have will be traded towards obtaining a City deed. I've been privately dealing with others towards my ultimate goal.

19. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

I think all the points as to why this is a good system have been raised. As usual the SotA team proves they have 20+ years experience in the MMO market and it shows.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im in same boat. was hoping to upgrade.
    But i realize thats what made it part of the risk, which is whats needed to make people able to drop 500k in, chance of being stuck with small ones they dont need or want. in which they trade or sell, exactly like that. if it was size specific... i dunno i feel it would take out to much risk.

4EverLost, moko and Sentinel2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.