Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Random Encounters

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Heradite, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Yea I know but it's a bit much and kind of the only thing you see at the moment. I know there is polans for other encounters but I would like to see them soon ;) Well thing is that there is a lot of players that thing that the random encounters right now are quite boring and useless and I think it would be good if the devs at least would show one new encounter to make everyone understand that things will become better soon.

Tahru likes this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Im all for making it more difficult....obviously we aren't there yet. I am against anyone just opting out of anything they dont like though.

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

And yet we can opt in or out of PvP.

So in your system, we MUST fight monsters in random encounters, but we can avoid fighting players completely.

Tahru likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I won't take credit for using other peoples good game designs. Pvp is a total different beast then random encounters, death penalty, traveling on the map... it is not practical or balancable to have some players be accosted and others not.

Thus really should be easy to figure out....im at a loss why you are so stuck on it.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You are uninhibited by consistency. :eek:

Tahru likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, I hope they get random encounters better for everyone.

Budner likes this.
  7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

There are so many things that can be done with random encounters.

If you travel on roads, random encounters can be %50 less than if you are not.
    Encounters on roads can have enemies which are X number of levels < your level to make it a bit quicker and easier for the player to move on.
    Certain enemies could only be encountered in a random encounter scene for something unique or something fun.
    Skills for traveling over non-road covered terrain could be utilized in order to decrease encounter rate.

Many things. Captain Jack is sure the Devs will take advantage of things like that in time. The problem is, the Devs have been too kind to us. They give us everything, and let us off with no warning. Now they make changes and are introducing things which limit the player in some way, and the weaker players will revolt at this action.

Captain Jack think that maybe Devs should not start with a free pass. They should start with a big HELL NO. Stuff like,
    Random encounters with enemies 10 times your level on every step.
    Death penalty so harsh you travel in groups of healers.
    You want to carry a sword as big as your ugly butt? Sorry, not enough encumberance to pick it up off the ground.

Then when players whine, the Devs adjust those limits down, players are givin the illusion of change and winning and then the Devs are heroes.

Captain Jack thinks that is how it should be done.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I'd still like a timer for random events but I agree with this.

I also think that if you use the light spell at night, the random encounter rate should go up. Torches and I guess moon sight skill they plan to add don't.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Why would you have light spell encounters go up but torches it goes down? I can understand the beacon of light drawing things towards it... but I'd have that happen for both light sources, although light generally tends to decrease nocturnal things approaching in reality.

10. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

To give people a reason to use torches. The thinking is that you can see a giant ball of light from afar but a torch is more difficult.

It wouldn't go down with torches. It would stay the same.

Tahru likes this.
  11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I'd say as long as it stays the same with torches I'd be fine with that. Also, consider what type of enemies would be drawn to the light, i.e. different encounters would be more likely depending on if player was using a light source vs if encountered with no light.

12. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I'd be okay with having different encounters for different light sources as well.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.