Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

45. I keep seeing tooltips that a blacksmith can repair an item for you. Is that true? How do I ask a blacksmith to repair an item for me?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s outdated information...........

3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Good because i put the effort in to craft a few repair kits last night!

4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

46. I have the "Mention shipment to Abbot" and "Mention Anton to Flynn or Thomas" quests active at the same time and now Flynn won't "clear" the quest for me - I've tried saying anton and anton in kingsport and she just tells me anton must be the leader of pirates. I tried solution too and it didn't work.
    47. I couldn't find someone named I think Halvarn or something like that - a couple of the bar patrons mentioned he needed help.

5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

But using a repair kit on a crafting table works better than just dragging the kit on top of the item.

DalTXColtsFan and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

[4/19/2020 9:46:41 PM] Flynn Gilson: Hail, Alley Oop! Welcome to the Braemar Inn and Tavern. Best ale in all the Vale! What can I help you with today?

[4/19/2020 9:46:49 PM] Alley Oop: shipments of ale
    [4/19/2020 9:46:49 PM] Flynn Gilson: Kingsport isn't getting any ale either? These are odd days if our little tavern exports Spidersilk Stout to the Hearth of New Britannia! Regardless, friend, thank you for the news, even if it isn't good. That doesn't bode well for Thomas up in Owl's Head, either. We've survived on our own for a while... we can continue a while longer. Perhaps I should talk to that Anton fellow if I'm ever in Kingsport.

7. Alley Oop

that's what the tip is referring to: going to a player who has the smithing repair leveled high. ...i don't think it does enough of a difference for it to have really caught on.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

That didn't work for me, but I was able to close the quest by talking to Thomas instead of Flynn so it's all good in the end.

9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I didn't find any quests in Braemar that involved rescuing a guard from Owl's Nest. I didn't find any such quests in Owl's Head after a second search there as well.

Is this quest just not there anymore?

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

OK, so it looks like my memory was backwards - once in Owl's Nest, we meet the guard who sends us to talk to Wycliffe, who sends us to kill the lich lord. No quest appears in my list though he gave me the instruction. That fine?

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

the hidden vale quests are the oldest in the game and predate the task list system. @Sannio could update it to use the tasklist for convenience, but it's not broken the way it is now, you can still do the quest either way.

Anpu and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  12. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I can't count how many times did I try to make this tooltip work by trying to say every keyword possible to every blacksmith in the game, hoping to save some repair kits. Oh boy!

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Maybe it's better that it ISN'T in the task list - the journal entry would read, "This task will be completely impossible for me to even THINK about right now. Wycliffe has a lot of nerve sending me to a Tier 8 adventuring area when I just finished a Tier 3. He's just going to have to sit on his ale-drinking butt in the tavern and wait for me to amass a few million experience points."

14. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I like to update those super-old quests when I get the chance, including adding listed tasks and compass markers. When someone finds an "incomplete" quest like this, please submit a bug as normal and I'll add it to my to-do list.

vulcanjedi, nimueCW, Echondas and 3 others like this.
  15. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

In the online game, if one wanted to shop diligently for endgame gear, are there better options available than just going to every shop you see in every standard and player-owned town you see and every public vendor and making notes, i.e. is there some sort of "database" that can help to narrow the search and reduce the grind?

While online I constantly see people spamming the universe with what they are trying to sell and/or buy - is that considered "acceptable" use of the universe chat? If not, is there a more dedicated market chat for people looking to sell or buy?

16. oplek

oplek Avatar

Nope. People have been asking a lot for that.

Kind of... there's the "Trade chat" which is more appropriate.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  17. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

51. I just noticed that I'm not wearing any rings, necklaces or belts, and that my shield, a Copper Heavy Round Shield +12 with a max durability of 74, is not socketed.

If I craft two rings and a necklace, socket them all with tempestry gems, and socket my shield with a tempestry gem, that will add 40 to my current water attunement, correct?

My meteroic iron chest armor has a max durability of 89 but is currently theurgy not tempestry - theoretically I could re-socket it with a tempestry gem instead, correct? And that would add 50 to my water attunement?

Lastly, while raising water attunement doesn't increase my fire resistance directly, it *does* increase the effectiveness of spells like douse and shield of ice, correct?

Does it also increase the healing power of soothing rain?

THanks as always.

18. Alley Oop

you can't put a tempestry gem in jewelry, it takes a tempestry jewel. you can make more of them out of each sapphire but they're half the attunement.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What he said. I think the most you can get from gems alone would be 45. Two rings (+5 each) a necklace (+5) chest (+10) and weapons (+20).

20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

52. One of my weapons has a bonus listed "+25% poison damange". What's that? How do I add poison damage to my repertoire?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.