Razer Chroma not working correctly

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Zooty, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooty

Zooty Avatar

This discussion with Razer support describes my issue as best as I can.

Me
    Aug 11, 7:54 AM PDT

The lighting profile is not working correctly in Shroud of the Avatar, it will light my keyboard one solid colour rather than colouring the keys individually.

----------
    Kevin K. (Razer Software Feedback and Support)
    Aug 13, 5:01 PM PDT

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about the issue you're experiencing with lighting on your Razer product. Normally this issue can be fixed by creating a new profile from within Synapse 2.0. If you are experiencing unreliable lighting control, it is recommended you leave the "Switch lighting to off when display is off" option disabled.

Best Regards,
    Razer Software

----------
    Me
    Aug 15, 2:26 AM PDT

This has not resolved the issue.

So my default profile will work in windows and all other apps, as soon as I load Shroud of the Avatar (one of the official integrations) the keyboard turns a solid light blue colour, when I’m playing the game it cycles through the colours and the number keys change colour as they should in combat to signify the cool down of the abilities () but the rest of the keyboard just cycles through a solid colour there’s no highlight on the movement keys (WASD) or any of the interaction keys... it’s almost as if the profile for the integration is corrupted.

I've completely removed the application multiple times and reinstalled from fresh.

Thanks

----------
    Wesley S. (Razer Software Feedback and Support)
    Aug 18, 8:45 AM PDT

Hello
    Thank you for your support on Razer Synapse.

The apps and profiles you can find on the Razer Chroma Workshop (http://www.razerzone.com/chroma-workshop ) are not developed by Razer. These are designed by third parties and we are unable to provide any feedback or support for these applications. The Chroma Workshop was designed by Razer to enable fellow gamers to share their work and creations with other gamers. Please do enjoy trying these applications and perhaps sharing some of your own, but we are unable to provide support or guarantee functionally for these.

Best Regards,
    Razer Software Team

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It sounds like it is working as currently designed.

When you have the "Enabled Peripheral Lighting" enabled in SotA, it will only use a solid color to indicate the status of your character, as well as highlight the numbers of available combos. It does NOT highlight movement or interaction keys at this time, except when shows as part of a hint.

Take a look at this topic on how Peripheral Lighting is currently designed: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Peripheral_Lighting

The devs did say during the Telethon on Monday that they want to add additional support for Razer devices, such as partial coloring or key highlighting, but this would be done during the late polish pass immediately before release.

enderandrew likes this.
  3. Zooty

Zooty Avatar

Thanks!

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm have a different issue with peripheral lighting in SOTA with my Razer Chroma Blackwidow keyboard...

Whenever I play an instrument, all the lighting on my keys goes off. Since I'm usually playing in the dark, this makes it extremely difficulty to see which keys are which when there is no lighting at all. :(

5. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

I have run into a different issue with the Razer lighting. Everything was working fine until I patched the Razer Synapses v3 (yay more beta programs.....)to version 7.2.86.3120. Once a system reboot was done SOTA was stuttering bad. Was getting around 3 seconds stuttering then 1 second ok. I turned off the peripheral lighting option in SOTA, restarted it and performance returned instantly.
    Is a pity, I enjoyed the health indication glowing around the pc via LEDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.