re: thoughts on letting some opt out of lot selection

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by ThurisazSheol, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

just finished watching the r26 postmortem, and found a gem.

noticed where @DarkStarr mentioned that they are considering letting us opt out of lot selection timers in player owned towns.

wanted to thank the devs for even the consideration. there are many of us that don't seem to want to partake in the landrush in player run and npc towns.

i'm of the opinion that it is simply logical to let the human factor handle it in their demesnes.

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

THANK YOU!

I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell that word!

3. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I am going to settle in my town anyway and im sure a lot in the republic plan to as well. So if opting out lets others get the lots they want i think we're cool with that and in our own way will be able to help a bit....

4. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

In order to make it work my suggestion would be:
    1) An Op-out button of Official Lot Selection on every account page.
    2) Once op-out button has been selected by account holder the op-out decision cannot be changed or reversed. No exceptions!
    3) When the Official Lot Selection begins all accounts that have selected to op-out can make a lot selection in any POT of their choice at anytime after the Official Lot Selection begins. They can use one or all the lot deeds bound to their account.
    4) At anytime after the Official Lot Selection begins and an op-out account holder has already made a lot selection in a POT and then decides that they would like to change to a different lot in the same POT or a different POT then there will not be any penalty in doing so and they can change at their leisure.
    5) If an op-out account has any lot deeds left after POT lot placement the op-out account holder can place any additional lots on a NPC or PRT AFTER the time allotted for the last Official Lot Selection group has expired.
    6) All lot deeds will be bound to the op-out account until the last Official Lot Selection group has expired, then the op-out account lot deeds could be traded or sold if desired.

What this does is make the Official Lot Selection easier for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

No need for an opt out button. Just don't place a lot.

6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

yep, easier to simply allow deeds to be claimed in pots for everyone on Day 1. we'd still be well within our rights to claim a deed in a npc town during our window if we wish. it isn't going to make the window shorter for lower tiers if we don't partake or even if we opt-out.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Dreamo84 like this.
  7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I learnt a new word!

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  8. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Couldn't you just you know, not place your lot during that time and place when you want to?

9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

that was my plan, just wait until after the landrush, to start on the town. i did not want to actually ask them for a concession like this, but when they mentioned they were considering it on their own, i wanted to thank them for the consideration.

while i think it a little inconsiderate of the devs to disallow pot placements during the npc landrush, i did not feel strongly enough about it to ask for the concession. especially when some folks feel so strongly against pots in general, i did not want to give them any further ammunition against it. :)

10. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

It would be nice if we could place in POTs before our land rush spot.

POTs can already decide whether or not to let people place there. So why not let me place early? Given that I relinquish my rights to place in an NPC town during the rush.

11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

from what i can tell they aren't going to code a opt-in vs opt-out system, but just unlock pots from the landrush lockdown system.. that would be the least use of their time to get the job done, so they an focus more on game development, over this singular event.

while *I* wouldn't complain about being able to place in pots early, i do not think that is fair for those who want to partake in the landrush. i think it is too much of an incentive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.