Recipe items: Purchase only, or can it be harvested?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Alfric Jodoc, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

So far, I've noticed some recipe items can only be bought and not harvested. However, it would make some sense that some of these items could be collected.

For example: salt. It could be mined from the ground, and it could be gathered from the coast in some ideas.

Example the second: charcoal. This could be created from any harvested wood, much less from scrap from the milling/carpentry process.

Is there plans for being able to get these items individually, or will they remain only as supplies which need to be purchased?

2. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

u technicaly discover the recipe if u make 1 u dont have

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

My understanding is that eventually, everything will be harvestable. It's just some of those items require additional content first. Wax for example.. could come from bee hives. Which we don't have.

We should start seeing these things become harvestable during beta as more content is being added.

4. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Yes. I was wondering the same thing. So far I've not seen any recipes "drop". And to make a first piece often involves 200 coin or more, depending on the item. I saw the MadHermit vid on youtube hoping to make money for a lot. But seems the game has already changed for his method.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The only way to get recipes is either to experiment and find them out on the crafting tables.
    Or in R15 to buy them in Owl's Head, where there is a store selling some hundred or so different recipes.

If you are falling on hard times in the game and want some assistance then feel free to see if I'm online, in chat write
    /friend Spoon
    and others that way you can check the F key interface to see if they are online and also right click their names to Whisper to them wherever they are.

If you are really nice about it then if R16 doesn't include a wipe then i could probably spot you a Row lot in Ardoris.

6. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Wow. Still lots to learn but love the friendly advice. I assume you'll know if a "friend" is on because their name will be lit up? I'm a bit disappointed at the moment. I've played UO, seven years of WoW, LOTRO and am struggling with gear and combat at level 7. In the other games, you quest and get gear upgrades. Or you whip the pants off the baddies rather easily to make some money. I've been webbed in a so-called easy place as North Valeway. Already repaired my crafting tools and don't feel very far advanced yet. Can't get much animal hide if you keep dying. "Sigh" But I'll persevere and hope it gets better. Kind offer, Spoon about a Row lot. When I get a couple thousand gold I'll check back. :oops:

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

When you are new then what you need is armor.
    The lower level you are the more gear matters.

The game isn't exactly balanced yet so expect hardship.

But just give us a holler if you want a leg up, people are friendly all over the place.
    I'd easily get you into some gear/cash if you feel you need a helping hand.
    Or check out the R16 events, go to any one of them and ask nicely for assistance there will definitely be someone who will help.

And I don't want/need gold. I'd give you the Row house and stuff no charge as a favor.

Heck, show up for my event tomorrow and I'll get you gear and house if you want to try such out. Just promise to report any bugs you find. We are testing a game here.

8. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Wow....and what time tomorrow, Spoon? Seems most events are listed as Central Time. I see you're in Sweden. That's some time difference! I'll check the Community Events and see what's happening Saturday...and where. Thanks. Even though I've raided for several years...both as DPS and off-tank...I'm a little shy at first. Time to dive in!

majoria70 likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Deemize to shrouds. I am in the US but I don't have anymore spare deeds to give out but you can also friend majoria in the game and I'd be happy to help out any way I can . I have houses just not the lot deeds for them.:) Also if you can go to the events as Spoon mentions that is a great way to get to know people. I've been to quite a few and love them.:)

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Super! I'll take a look where the happening places are at now. Oops...forgot to mention my game name is different than my forum one. In game I'm "Abbey Fairwynde". I'll add you to friends as well, Majoria. Hope to find someone tomorrow. Yippee!

Spoon and majoria70 like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I will friend you also. Once you get some details on things it really helps to show this game. Ok I see you in game. I'll send you a whisper.;)

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.