1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 Impressions – Hats ON to the community!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The code is there, but it's not listed as an actual emote.
    Stand on your bed, facing the foot of the bed, about 2/3 of the way down.
    Turn 45 degrees to the left.
    Now, in the chat box, enter /liedown
    Voila!

2. Net

Net Avatar

I hope they will get rid of this turning, why it was impelmented that you are lying at angle???

Gaelis, Keira OFaolain, Ember and 2 others like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Forgive me if i do not bow, for i am a follower of Darkstarr! "Offers "Darkstarr Salute!" But i really enjoy the fact that i could actually play through my weekend which does not fall on Saturday and Sun., but in the middle of the week when its normally cut off! :) Im really enjoying myself and i hope it never goes down again! So far i like all aspects of it, i actually had time to check out all the sewers, and dungeons, i love having to find secret doors, or certain sequences of torches to open a gate! The game keeps getting better and better, and i hope it keeps going this way!

4. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Each release makes huge strides over the last, both due to the devs and the community.

"Those Who Dwell in Darkness" shows the power of the game to unlock player's imagination. My wife walked past as I was watching it the first time, and asked, "what the heck are you watching?" I explained to her that two guys designed a radio(Bubonic,Joviex), a lady(Amberraine) runs a radio station in the game, and now there is a theatre group(NBTG) performing while another player (The Mad Hermit) films it. Kinda blew her mind. Now when she walks past as I run around soaking in housing and town design ideas, she always asks "Is that a real person running around on the screen?" She's never played an online game in her life but it peaks her interest that all of this is happening and it's just a small snippet of the potential of this game.

Thank you Lord British, Darkstarr, and the rest of the team for unlocking the creative potential of the community and future citizens that are looking for a place to express themselves.

@Time Lord I tend to agree. Sometimes you just want to go out in the wilderness and hunt for the biggest Grizzly. I'd love to see taxidermy introduced at some point so we can showcase our hunting trophies!

Winfield, TheMadHermit, smack and 6 others like this.
  5. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I was loving this release. I have a limited amount of time to get online each night and really got into the skill-tree/deck building much more this time than past releases. I appreciated the many common sense fixes to the user interface. I am looking forward to R12.

I've figured out how to tweak my settings, try the game on both my old pc and old mac, and will be working on upgrading/building a new PC after I upgrade my pledge.

I still miss my jester suit, my pack of tamed rabbits, and my ability to incite my killer rabbits to attack helpless players right outside town and flee to the protection of the town guards like I could in UO. But, hey... each release.. the dream returns... more vivid and concise than the last.

I would like to request a jester suit and shepherds crook for following releases. I know I will probably never get my pack of trained killer attack rabbits back. I'll keep scouring the woods and try to draw them out with sweet music!

Until then, keep up the good work! Each release has been more and more magical.

smack, Vyrin, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.