1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 22 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

It's better! ... A nitpick, it reads "the level" rather than "they level" (it makes a bit more sense, to me, that it should say they, instead of the).

Also, you may catch some flak for using the term 'level'.. maybe just cut off the "as the(y) level" bit? Or change level to 'improve'? :D

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

done

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Cool..interested in fishing and campaigning against crazy names.

4. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Excellent! A sense of progression or accomplishment is needed even when experience isn't flowing out to skills.

Nice! Quad slash has been pretty pathetic so far... but looks cool.

Much needed. Thanks!

Can't wait to do some fishing. :D

5. agra

agra Avatar

Best. Patch Note. EVAR! ;)

6. QTIP

QTIP Avatar

• Home Polish: We fixed bugs in a variety of houses including the Barn Two Story, Baron Founder, Baron Benefactor, Lord of the Manor Keep, Lord Founder Houseboat, Citizen Benefactor, and Citizen Founder.
    Does this include the ability to hang items on the Village/Town Tower walls? Currently we are not able to hang a painting, a wall shelf or even a candle on these walls. Otherwise REALLLLLLLY excited to see the changes made so far.

7. DarkStarr

No it does not include that change. It is not in our current plans to support hanging things on wall / fence sets

8. QTIP

QTIP Avatar

thanks for the feedback Darkstarr. Not the news I was hoping for but we make do.

9. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Thanks, another great release. Cant wait to loot people or be looted :)

Idea: It would be nice to have a specific color to identify the PvP POT's on the map.

Boy_Graham, Budner, Manerd and 4 others like this.
  10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

@DarkStarr

Would you mind changing Rift's End from

Town to Metropolis?

We had a little fundraiser yesterday that got out of hand.

I believe the Devs owe us a shot in the next hangout!:p

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  11. Acred

Acred Avatar

I'm excited about tomorrow. Thanks for all the hard work and for listening!

Ravicus Domdred and Kvow like this.
  12. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Looking good can't wait to play!

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

In the Player Guide (Release 22: September 24, 2015) under the section "Spells and Reagents", it is stated:

"Each cast of the spell has a chance to consume some (usually one each) of the required Reagents."
    (the underline is mine).

Since upper Tier spells typically require from 3 to 5 different Reagents, I am assuming that your use of "(usually one each)" means that only one - of the 3 to 5 required - is usually used.
    Your use of "one each" implies one of each is usually used - so that the cast would consume one each of all the reagents required.

Could we get a bit more clarity here please....

14. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Sounds like lots of great changes can be expected for R22, bring on release day! :)

Leostemplar and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  15. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Status of Owl's Rest from the Google list?

16. DarkStarr

working on it

17. cariac

cariac Avatar

I like this.

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Another huge whirlgig of changes. Very good.

I will test daggers again, but a bit worried about the nerf of earth innates. From must-have's to must-avoid's?

Shadow Form in combat may make or break the game, especially if paired with light armor skills.

Abydos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Some questions on the patch notes (In yellow):
      • Sympathy of Stone: This skill now gives a bonus to the maximum percentage of a hit that can be stopped by defenses.
    I'm not quite sure what that means. So there is a maximum amount on how much of a hit can be stopped? Good to know! But this skill raises that max amount? So lets say the base max amount that can be blocked (damage avoidance?) is 50%, so a hit of 50 could only be blocked up to 25 damage.... this skill could raise that cap so that more of than 25 points could possibly be blocked? This doesn't improve the actual damage avoidance, only the most avoidance that you can get (through armor and/or other skills/spells?) Or does this also increase the actual damage avoidance AND the cap as well? OR... Does this improve the number of hits that get blocked?... meaning instead of blocking say 20% of all attacks, this will gradually increase how many you can block? The way it's worded, I can't decide which one its supposed to do.

• Deflection: This heavy armor skill was refactored to provide a boost to the max percentage of damage that can be stopped by defenses. This won’t help much on big hits but will help with smaller hits!
    This is essentially the same skill as Sympathy of Stone?

• New Skills: We added four new skills to the game including new stealth skills for light armor.
      • Deflection Skill (Heavy Armor): Innate skill that increases the percentage of damage that armor stops.
    So this skill increases the actual % blocked and not the max % blockable (as the 2 skills above seem to be doing)? If so, maybe it wasn't so bad that I raised that one to 66 by mistake in R21. :cool:

20. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I forgot that I gave a full explanation of this already but it was in the Dev Plus area. :O

So yes, the "Damage Deflection" value that each of those two skills generates increase the % of each hit armor can absorb. So armor has 3 values. Damage absorption value is on Chest pieces only currently. That determines what fraction of a hit the armor can stop max. The Damage Resistance value is how many points it can stop max.

So if you were wearing a leather armor with a .6 Damage Absorption and 8 points of resistance and you got hit for 10 points. Your armor can stop up to .6 X 10 =6 points or 8 points, which ever is less. So in this case it would stop 6 points. If you had a high deflection skill and sympathy of stone, you could get that closer to a .8 Damage Absorption which would stop .8 X 10 = 8 points.

So this will help you if you're getting hit by lots of small shots but if you're getting hit for big hits, damage resistance will be the limiting factor. Same example but getting hit for 30 points, 0.8 X 30 = 24 points or 8, which ever is less. So in that case it would stop only 8 and the deflection didn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.