1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 27 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great job!

Question for the group. Are other R26 released towns missing on the R27 map? I know at least one is.

2. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, would love to see a per-scene heatmap.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would actually buy a duck pet... perhaps several of them... Only pet I can actually imagine purchasing. :)

Mekong likes this.
  4. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Chris said there would be some changes to death magic, did those not make this release?

Lord Baldrith and Xail like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The heat map is definitely cool. It would be interesting to have access to a feature like as a player to understand where the population is hanging out, where the top places of interest are, where popular paths are for merchants to set up on, etc. But I suppose that is too much of a god mode and takes away from exploration and learning the fun/hard way :)

6. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

/zone is dead, long live the teleport scroll!

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'd like to see wild game available for every recipe.. and I don't mean herds protected by someone's dog.

8. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

So I'm guessing this means no 'untraining' at the trainer?

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

sure would like "some" defined...

10. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

Great job on lots of things like Shooter Jennings benefit for cancer , Purity spell (thank my poor ears), wells, corpse loot in tutorials, more recipes, etc. You guys did great in a very short time frame.

Only thing I would have any beef with is the nerf to magic crits. Magic is sorely in need of a shot in the arm; this was not the shot it needed. I always say don't nerf, but bring up to match the other. Seriously, I have run into many new/old players that completely discount being a mage due to the underpowered nature it is at low levels and even mid levels. I am sure I will get plenty who disagree and say things like attunement gems, etc. You can't get those till you hit mid levels though (enough cash or ability to mine them yourself); so starting impressions of the skills are poor. I know there is more balancing to do and I hope my words will help you keep magic damage in mind in the future.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@DarkStarr or @Chris is there any way we can get a detailed explanation of each of the settings in the video settings? I would like to know what each of them does and if turning them on or off will make performance better or worse that sort of thing. Also, is there any way you guys can add in the compass marker for your own house (possibly friends homes from the friend list as well) when you get some time? It would be super useful since I can't just zone home now and I always get lost in Aerie and other housing areas. I know you're super busy but whenever you can get around to this it would be amazing!

Soulicide and Katrina Bekers like this.
  12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

With where Astoria is located I believe that would make Resolute = Portland :). Now I know where I am in Novia.

BULK SALVAGING!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Does this also goes for skewer as skewer applies a root debuff (seemingly no different than the root spell)? If so, is this going to be enough to fire off even one attack while mobs/players are rooted? This was the issue back in like R17 when the root was wayyyyyyyy too short... I could skewer something but what was the point as I couldn't get an attack off while the mob was skewered so it was really was no different than a regular charged free attack - albeit taking more XP to GM skewer - and with less damage than charged free attack would have done [(polearms 120 + skewer 100) / 2] = 110.

I consider myself a polearm expert with current 127 base skill and have tried all skills in the tree so once again, if skewer is included in this than but I'm still very confused what the benefit of skewer is supposed to be...

I'm going to say this in the most delicate way possible as I try to be an extremely easy-going, positive person. I love Scooter Jennings. I love that he loves SOTA. I love love love raising money for breast cancer awareness. That said......... IN GAME should we really have a picture of the flying dog from Neverending Story holding an assault rifle above a jet fighter, next to a panther (the panther is okay) with the chick from Flashdance sitting on his face, next to a semi truck and a computer and... I don't even know what the golden thing is... IN GAME???

Couldn't we have raised money for breast cancer awareness without putting this one (in my opinion) immersion-killing poster in the game and just went with just the other three items or replaced this item with another item that would benefit breast cancer awareness just as well? I wasn't worried about my immersion in Novia before but now I'm VERY worried that 20 years from now we're going to have some crazy stuff everywhere like this:

[​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]

Please someone tell me I'm overreacting and the dog/gun/jet/chick/semi/computer poster fits into the Novian world and that you'd like to see more stuff like this in Novia in the future so long as it benefits a good cause...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  13. Tarra Incognita

Tarra Incognita Avatar

it it looks like my town did not make it in !!

14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I definitely don't mind when for a good cause, and when it is something for someone's personal decoration. I wouldn't want crazy neon stuff plastered all over the world to break immersion, though. To be fair though, I really do wish Richard was able to put more sci-fi/steampunk stuff in the game, as I always loved the nods from the original Ultima games towards his space exploration :D

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

:(

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Looking good, oh how much I having to work today!

17. Noric

Noric Avatar

Maybe I'm reading this wrong - but it sounds like they are only doing a step between what we had and bulk salvaging. In fact, it might take longer to do most crafting now...

18. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Well I loved the poster that much I bought it :p

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Had I not gone to the Shooter Jennings release party and listened to some of the songs, I wouldn't have bought this. However, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed some of the songs. There were a few of them that were just really good and I'm very happy they made the list for wax cylinders.

On the surface, the poster is outrageous for a world of medieval fantasy. If someone had told me they were selling that poster and only showed me the picture I would've rolled my eyes and wondered why anyone thought that was a good idea; it's hot pink and over the top message of unimmerssive chaos being a central theme. But now I find myself using that poster as a focal point for my experiences at the release party. It's a conversation piece that will hold that memory for as long as I live in Novia, and something that I can look back on in the dark corners of my basement with purpose. Perhaps as I listen to the hot pink phonograph playing the Never Ending Story I'll spare a quick smile at the thought of how far we've come.

A big thanks to Shooter Jennings for making that possible.

Hazard, Beli, Ice Queen and 9 others like this.
  20. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'm just wanting to know when we'll have the NPC Shooter in game who will send us on an epic quest to find him a new canine companion, reunite his long lost love with his missing wife, gather the materials to repair his broken down carriage, and perform a resurrection ritual for his deceased mother. Oh, and bring him some of the finest brewed beverages to partake from the tavern :p

Bow Vale, Elwyn, Sara Dreygon and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.