1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 57 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Great Release Port! Truly appreciate your efforts!

Lord Stein, FrostII and Phoenix007 like this.
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It is collector's version

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Love this release!! Also can’t wait for the rainbow emote, for the people who backed the livestream! :D

Novia will be such a happy place with rainbows everywhere....

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Correct. All store links will be active tomorrow when those items go live. Also the Eternal Pattern is INSIDE the buckler just like every other eternal pattern (except heraldry).

Witcheypoo and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

Really nice release. Thanks

FrostII likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's not something that would appear in the combat log. this is the OTHER mysterious effect.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Amazing amount of stuff considering the smaller team.

One question, @DarkStarr, has the "Frostgeiss" quest in Highvale Outskirts been fixed? It's been bugged for several releases, and I'd seen a notice from you that I'd interpreted to mean that it was fixed for release 57, but I didn't see that mentioned in the release notes.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes it is fixed.

EDIT: this has not been fixed yet. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    FrostII and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Great Release....But I have one single, but huge gripe.
    @DarkStarr Undead do not scale like tamed pets do, in fact they do not scale at all (besides health) unless you level up Undead Mastery. And the scaling for that passive is extremely low.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am happy that you are happy but only a massive influx of new player's will sway me.

Elwyn and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Perashim and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I'm with you on this, both the disappointment that they had to cave on these unique features, but also that if it increases population it was a justified change.

Still, amazing amount of work done which is always appreciated but not nearly vocalized enough.

13. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Wow, you aren't messing around. I can see why Atogrim is displeased though, as it does take away some of what separates this game from others. To suggest that one may as well return to WoW at this point ignores that this game remains quite different from most, and that the benefit of triple AAA presentation doesn't necessarily provide a AAA play experience, especially in regards to community.

Aside from that, one need not take advantage of many of the changes made if you so strongly prefer how things were. Players are free to bank as before, voluntarily enter that which can now be bypassed, and so forth.

Perhaps, for some changes, they could be presented as toggle options in game settings, so that one can retain the original way of things without having to constantly volunteer for what used to be forced.

14. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

When in a group,if I loot the body containing the artifact but lose the roll for it will the visual correctly display on the avatar that won the loot roll?

15. Montello

Montello Avatar

I feel like he might have a point, to an extent. It’s a slippery slope that leads to a place called Trammel.

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Only issue I had with Trammel is they should have been switched, with the old lands being Trammel and the new Fel. Would have been better. But Trammel was needed cause some folks just have no self control

17. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

I know, but depending on what is put in for summons in the release I will probably swap over to taming for the Wyvern, or swap to demon summoning.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  18. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think Port has tried to compromise. At this stage I'm not convinced they've wrecked the game, but certainly with the banks and CPs the regional economy has gone, for now.

Double exp may not be as bad as it appears. I'd like to see a graph, but with the exponential increase in exp points needed as we level, the impact, I imagine, is an acceleration of leveling for lower levels and flattening out as we approach the 80s to 90s, @Chris may have something on this, or others?

Also I believe the loot increases are minor. There have even been some grumbles about how minor the changes are, and Chris commented on why they aren't major. Artifacts and rare items, deferred from this release, are clearly been carefully thought through.

So maybe this will work out ok? Let's wait and see. I still think SOTA is hanging on to its magic dust and uniqueness just.

19. mass

mass Avatar

I wonder if there might be an opportunity to explore regional economies with the new lands in EPI 2. If there's some challenge getting back and forth and some substantial differences in resources, there might be some interesting opportunities.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I have always felt the same way, Sean... My house, the first house larger than a one-room shack, on Moonglow was in Felluca... Didn't encourage me to stay, having all that I'd built thrust into a hellish wasteland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.