Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 58 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 58 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Not R58

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris, it seemsthat more was done to Meteor Shower than a fix for PvP. While I haven't tested it, comments have been made about the way it works having been changed on QA. The comments first suggested a rather serious balancing change for PvE that significantly changed its damage. Now it seems that for PvE encounters, there is only one set of damge being done, instead of two in R57. And that the damage range has been changed as well.

so it seems that based on QA results, Meteor Shower is doing one hit (instead of the way it previously worked), the range has widened, and that most hits fall into the 30 point range. If this skill has been this significantly changed on prpose, and not a bug or design error, I suggest that this information should be included in the Release Notes.

And while I have your attention, the Release Notes don't mention whether the dungeons that are being designed will only stay in design mode. Or will other players be able to wander through the creatons as well.

3. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@DarkStarr
    "Release 56 Livestream Items: The Release 56 Livestream items were all Aether themed to link to the comet and its aether causing effects on the creatures of Novia. In Release 58 we have added all of these stretch goal items.
    • Aether 1H Sword
    • Aether Crossbow
    • Aether Lich Statue
    • Aether Longbow
    • Aether Shield
    • Replenishing Box of Aether Dye"
    What about the dragon statue? I believe we made that goal. Is it missing from the list or coming in a later update?

4. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Are the Aether creatures going away in update 58? If they are, should it be mentioned?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

6. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

@DarkStarr

Are the Undead summons being balanced this patch, or has that been delayed?

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

@DarkStarr
    To the known issues I guess under Linux:
    You can remove? :
    Screen may turn black/white if clients are launched with Anti-Aliasing turned on. (I haven not seen this on any of my computers the last releases, I always have AA turned on)
    The Linux installer and client are not read/write enabled by default. You must use Control+click on them to start them. (Always used double click and has always worked?)

Add:
    Forcing AF (anisotropic filtering) on nvidia may turn screen red/white

Modify:
    AMD/ATI users: Use the latest official AMDGPU-PRO drivers or for better performance use opensource mesa + AMDGPU drivers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.