Release 8 Access?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meshuggah12345, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshuggah12345

meshuggah12345 Avatar

I have been on a HUGE Ultima kick lately and Shroud of the Avatar came under my radar. I've been looking at it off and on for sometime now. I am wondering what price package gets you instant access? Is it the Adventurer pack? Any info would be great and sorry for any ignorance on my part.

smile1930 likes this.
  2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

The $45.00 one gets you access to the pre-alpha, which, as of right now only goes on for a few days each month. Your timing would be great though, since release 8 starts tomorrow and runs through Monday!

Ragnabrock and smile1930 like this.
  3. meshuggah12345

meshuggah12345 Avatar

Ok, so the game is only playable for a few days? Or just release 8 is only playable for a few days?

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

At the moment, the developers are only providing access to the game once a month for a couple of days.

Though, that will change in the future once more of the game is complete.

For the next couple of releases though, it is a four day window. :)

docdoom77 likes this.
  5. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

See the game is still in development. There are a lot of systems which are incomplete and some aren't implemented at all. At this point we're just testing systems each month, to help drive the focus for the following month's development, discover bugs, and provide the information needed to balance the game.

So, they take that data while we play for one weekend a month (like the national guard!) and use it to continue working on the game the rest of the month.

Ragnabrock and meshuggah12345 like this.
  6. meshuggah12345

meshuggah12345 Avatar

Ok, I see how it works now, thank you. In your opinion is the game good? Is it worth buying into at this point? I have been playing Ultima Underworld and Ultima VII lately and want more!

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I'm an Ultima series and I love this game, even if it's sensible different. But still Portalarium will need to work a lot. It's in pre-alpha state.

8. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

It's definitely good. Just very raw and unfinished. It's great to be part of the community and be able to influence development of the game. I think it's certainly worth it!

Ragnabrock likes this.
  9. pinzasso

pinzasso Avatar

Its worth buying now if you can look at the long picture and enjoy playing with things as they are created.Also if you like have something to look forward to each month this is great for that.

Which I do enjoy. SOTA has a lot of potential.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the forum Meshuggah12345. So for more details on what the lowest pledge level will get you are on the home page. The lowest pledge buys you the game 1st episode(there are 5 total approx. 1 a year). Your $45 pledge does not cost you $45 because you can get a $25 Alienware bonus on the homepage also. So it actually costs you $20 to participate in the testing times. Later in the year we will probably get to be in testing for longer periods of time from what I hear. Being here is your opportunity to speak for things that you would like to see in a game, that's what I love about being here. Best of the best to you no matter what you decide. I think the game will be very special. :)

docdoom77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.