Rent bind points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChairStacker, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

I think you are correct regarding the current state of regional economies. I also think they are possible with increased player population and decreased ease of travel that encourages people to farm locally and vendor locally. In my opinion it's worth trying as it would make for very unique economic gameplay, but it will be extremely difficult and will come at the sacrifice of ease of grouping. I personally think that in addition to making CP's meaningful blockers of travel they need long cool down periods on scrolls to encourage their use for grouping rather than fast travel.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that the regional economies experiment may fail and prove to be far more trouble than it's worth; but I think they should at least give it an earnest attempt and allow it to succeed or fail on its own merits. I think most of us are here because we want a game of greater complexity not of greater convenience (but of course, fun trumps all).

Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

neat idea but it wont work because they are already trying to address the Moon Gate travel system which I doubt they want to scrap.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not in favor of regional or local economies limiting us. I want us to want to explore the game. Travel to far off places because we hear of a special vendor or beautifully themed place to see. We cannot know of anything without notice boards which we do not have, so to nag more for NPC town bulletin boards to connect our world please we need them. And the battle regarding teleports was a long one in past days and luckily something reasonable was decided by the devs. There were those who voted for none and some voted for runes to mark your spot (me, me, me, I loved that feature), but I'm really ok with at least having some fast travel believe me. I do believe we will be getting some type of portals here and there to make travel more of what is needed in this game.

One of the core things in my opinion that will tie the world together besides bulletin boards is quests and achievement systems that lead us to travel and explore the world. If you need to go to 'X' marks the spot looking for someones lost sister or a treasure and teleporting will miss it, then you will do the journey. It is not the teleporting system that is at fault, it is the reason to travel the world is not yet in game. For me I am so hoping we get so much more of this. Just having a new location like the fantasic blood bay or xenos will be fun for a while, but if there is not a strong built in reason to go there then eventually the excitement will fade, well perhaps and just a thought. Achievements will help, and quests will help to take us all over the world. Like visit every POT in the world, etc.

@DarkStarr, @Lum the Mad, @Lord British2, @theDevs

Numa and Innascual Inch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.