(repost from Dev+) Trophies as a resource might be cool for evil characters...

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Retro, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro

Retro Avatar

• Trophies: We love the idea that killing another player in PVP could provide the opportunity to collect a trophy (in addition to the loot noted above). Trophies are body parts of the victim and may include ears, teeth, scalps, bones, etc. These trophies will include the name of the victim (e.g. “Darkstarr’s Ear”). These will be part of the loot items that can be ransomed so if you don't want someone walking around with your scalp you can pay the ransom.
    (Taken from DarkStarr's PvP thread)

I would like to be able to craft using these trophies, specifically cooking and alchemy (maybe others).

I think it would be cool if you could make a stew or ragu out of my enemies or a potion that gives you a small advantage against only that former PvP victim, i.e. an alarm type potion that alerts the caster when the former victim is in the same instance\map hex as the caster.

This type of "evil crafting" should come with some type of negative virtue penalty.

(yes, I'm going there...)

2. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

With any "resource" that materializes by killing someone, we have to be careful that it can't be farmed by creating a second account and harvesting via exploit.

Sounds like you have taken that into consideration, so it sounds like a feasible idea.

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I don't care what you do with it as long as it doesn't mean people are actually walking around without noses or ears or whatever. Yuck. :p

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The names in SotA are unique, trophies if this nature are only really high value if they have a high value name......to be honest most of this stuff is more for personal amusement (look who I killed!) rather than having a true market value.

5. smack

smack Avatar

Absolutely insane idea. I like it.

6. monxter

monxter Avatar

Hmm... since we've got some tesla power and trophy looting...

What if you killed the same person so many times that you've got all the possible trophies from them, would you be then able to revive a zombie pet version of the player?

:D

7. Retro

Retro Avatar

Yes! RG's down with this idea...make it happen LB (starts at 19:21)

8. monxter

monxter Avatar

And 27:00 ! ;)

9. Retro

Retro Avatar

Yes, this is getting even better...

Homunculus (Latin for "Little Human") refers to the mythological concept of an artificially created human, presumably brought into existence by certain means of alchemy.

10. Retro

Retro Avatar

Let's go deeper :)

Inspired by this quote from another thread I started

How about (time limited) masks crafted from your victims face, sort of like Handsome Jack from BL2

yes I went there again...
    [​IMG]

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm surprised the pro-trophy people haven't suggested cutting off your victim's genitalia and wearing it around your neck.

12. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

13. Vladimyre

Vladimyre Avatar

Is it just me or haven't the dev's politely asked that stuff posted in the Dev+ forums not be placed anywhere else including the standard forums?

"We understand how exciting the content available to our most dedicated Backers is, and how tempting it is to share the images and information from the Developer Forums and Founders area. However, we respectfully ask that you do your best to keep the information in these areas, well... in these areas. Therefore, please refrain from sharing the content found in the members only area. Thanks for your understanding and support! ~The SotA Dev Team"

14. Retro

Retro Avatar

'Magic Love Fetishes' (NPC attraction) and 'Love' potions crafted from genitalia, great idea redfish! :)

Voodooo \ Alchemy (or Necromancy) = potato \ spud.. same thing...

15. Retro

Retro Avatar

huh?

It's a post that I started in the Dev+ forum, written above applies to content\comments posed by the Dev team directly, your interpretation\assumption is incorrect.

The part on trophies was already posted to the public forums when I started this thread. Here, I did not break any rules.

16. Vladimyre

Vladimyre Avatar

I haven't accused you of anything, I asked a question, and I did not single you out. I am sorry if you took it that way.

I could have just reported the post if I felt you were breaking the rules, which I don't feel you have and haven't reported the post.

I posted the reference as to why I was asking the question, not to imply if you are breaking any rules. You referenced reposting from Dev+ in your post which prompted my question other than that it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Regardless, I'm not going to get dragged back and forth about what you seem to know about my intentions, interpretations, assumptions, or lack thereof.

I asked a question for my OWN clarification on their request, nothing more.

17. Retro

Retro Avatar

Not offended brother, I was just trying to prove I wasn't breaking the rules, were cool...

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Although it's weird, I think it's a good idea.

Exotic spell components, body parts, I want these things to be part of forging swords.

Forget eating my opponent; I want their noble (or chaotic ?) essence to enhance my weapons magically.

That kind of thing will really differentiate the game from others

19. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

I dont see why ppl are against making items out of corpse parts i mean why? Its a video game its not a real life moral eithics simulator.

Otoh. they removed any options of being evil wih the removal of pvp ffa. Unless you can consent to someone beig evil. Sure u can im sure with npcs and choices but as far as being a murderous psycho they hae removed the option to be anything other than a jerk who asks for consent first

20. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.