Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Free attacks just "disappear"

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Mishikal, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I was playing a new bow wielding Avatar last night, and noticed a peculiar behavior I've not seen in previous releases -- After unlocking free attacks and disabling auto attack, my charged shots would just .. disappear, is the best term I have for it. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens at least 25% of the time. I charge up a shot, fire it off, and it never logs as having been fired (I.e., no miss message, no damage message, nothing). Not really something I can get a screenshot of. It was not scene specific, it affected all combat in every scene I was in.

The other long standing bugs reported in past releases also remain. There is also a new issue with charged shots, where often after doing any sort of attack (even another charged shot), you cannot charge up a new shot without first tapping a shot off.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If you or someone else can get video of this I think I may be able to understand what's going on here. This one sounds inherently tricky and I'd like to help save the dev by time by getting as many specifics as possible. Also, by charging, I think you are referring to hot stacking, holding down an unlocked skill and stacking your hit? I'm not sure what you mean that they would just disappear.
    @Mishikal

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Hi Lexie,

I'm not talking about stacking at all. It is when you turn off auto attack, and hold down the left mouse button to "charge" your bow attack (separate from any skills in the ranged tree).

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What I've found with charged attack is that any interactable nearby causes issues. This means every dead body, torch, door, etc that could possibly be within range has a good possibility of not allowing you to charge your attack. You click and hold, but it does nothing; you release, and it fires one uncharged arrow.

You can also fire, and if you don't have a target, you get no feedback at all. Using a skill, you will get something in the chat log that says you hit nothing, but you don't get the same on a normal attack.

I'd REALLY like there to be an "attack" key other than the left mouse button. Use and Attack are not synonymous.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, those issues are what I linked to about longstanding bugs. This one is new... I've fully charged, there's nothing else around, I fire, and it disappears into vapor. Nothing logged (neither hit nor miss).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.