Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Grannus Colossus - Second Gate - Mage gauntlet will not start

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Smegatron, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

4/28/2018 2:57 PM
    Title: Grannus Colossus - Second Gate - Mage gauntlet will not start
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for 45+ minutes
    Blocker? YES!!!
    Details: I am in the Grannus Colossus. The second gate will not open. The east cannibal camp, I believe.

Passed the first gate by climbing the sturdy vine. Cannot get the second gate to open. Walkthrus show that there are supposed to be three waves of enemies, the last being a mage. When the mage dies the gates are supposed to open. This never starts. Been here over half an hour with two others.

Two Dryserkers will spawn every five minutes or so and dance around the cauldron. You can kill them or let them live - nothing else happens either way.

Steps to Reproduce: Walk in and watch nothing happen.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6081
    SotA.Win.64.769.Date.04.27.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest01_02
    Area Display Name: Grannus Colossus
    Loc: (-81.2, 5.9, 72.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDJ8fCgtODEuMTU2LCA1Ljg5NiwgNzIuMjE2KXwoMCwgLTAuMzgsIDAsIDAuOTI1KXwzMTQuODE1MnwxOC4wMjUzOHw5LjMyNjYwMw==

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Would you be able to reproduce this in what will be this morning's build, 770, or later? We're unable to get this problem to occur internally on latest. The Battle Royale appears to be spawning as expected to get the gates to open.

It's possible a fix may already be present. Please let me know if you can get this to happen again.

3. Nog

Nog Avatar

I got "stuck" on the craggy area near the entrance to the fortress had to recall using the "stuck" command. Upon coming back to the fortress the doors remained closed for many minutes and I thought it must've bugged out. I recalled to the overland map and reentered the instance. Again the gate to reenter the fortress remains closed so you can't reenter.

Edit: I was not aware there is a hard to see lever to reenter when the doors are closed.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I was unable to reproduce that particular issue. I tried again after that build was out and got the "continuous spawn" problem that others have reported. I think I had 7-8 mobs active in the second part of the gauntlet which seems to be way too many.

On a third attempt later that day it seemed to be working normally. Three waves with a very slight break between each one, about 3 mobs each, and the mage in the third wave.

There are definitely issues with this encounter. It does not appear that they are able to be triggered/reproduced at will. But they are there and cause a significant blocker to the Lens quest progression.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

772 may have very well fixed this, as there were some additional changes with battle royales. Funny enough, I ran through here a few times (including to get that lens) the same day you did and wonder what may have been different in that situation. But, we need to make sure we catch all the problems so please report issues from build 773 or later. Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.