Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed] love quest - broken state

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Elnoth, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

8/7/2017 8:41 PM
    Title: love quest - broken state
    Reproduction Rate: n/a
    Blocker? yes
    Details: So much broken I don't know where to start. I am towards the end of the questline, having killed min liang tan, reconciled Khasi and Siranto, done the necropolis and the vault under midras, did spite, and gone through Malice to the end. On the way I have had multiple quests not clear from my journal, including:
    *Find a spirit talker
    *Speak with samael
    *discover what divides siranto and khasi
    *speak with khasi
    *ask min liang tan about the empress ring
    *explore necropolis
    At the end of all this I get stuck with Samael saying "I think I understand, ask me about my ring" but when I ask him about his ring he says "No! Do not ask me about my ring!" and this is the hard blocker for me.

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: play for a year and make a mess of it all? lol idk.....
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24566
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6048
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills03_Malice
    Area Display Name: Malice
    Loc: (103.7, -10.6, 188.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwM19NYWxpY2V8fCgxMDMuNzEsIC0xMC42NDMsIDE4OC42NDYpfCgwLCAwLjc0OSwgMCwgMC42NjMpfC0xNzYuOTIyM3wxOC44OTkyMXw1LjQzNTU5Nw==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The quest itself, aside from the tasks remaining, did it complete and get you the finale XP? Did you get the heart of sorrows?
    I know issues like these are really hard to explain, so I appreciate what you provided here. Those prior tasks should have completed previously as they were finished, not at the very end once the quest line is complete.
    I also have tasks stuck on my character; a result of having started quest lines in various stages when the quest was later modified. Also completing some quests before tasks were even introduced....
    My main thing right now is to make sure you got to the very end and got the reward. Do I understand that right?

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

hi @Lexie

No, Sequanna doesn't give me the heart of sorrows. The conversation hits a hard stop where I posted the pic, and no keyword clicking gets me the heart of sorrows. While many quests remain in my log, it seems to me like quest "Speak to Samual" where I need to talk to him about his ring is the one that I cannot complete (you can see in the pic convo log where he says to talk to him about the ring, but then when I do he refuses to talk about his ring).

4. Lexie

For the heck of it, try to see if we can trigger it by using a select keyword in the suggested area, not just the underline words. You will need to click the down arrow to access those. Did you try that?
    I'm just stumped because I know at least one other person who completed this same exact part over the weekend and they did not run into this issue. I don't think your prior stuck quests have anything to do with you getting stuck here, as I've seen that before, but check your journal and read the last couple entries there. I can't tell if there are further entries involving Malice. The screenshot above shows the ring being mentioned, but not any of the underline words being used. Were they used?

5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

yes, all the keywords were used. I have made at least 4 seperate trips to Malice and I always get stuck at this exact same point (going back and re-doing the older parts of the quest between trips, to see if I missed anything. I even went to brookside and visited samaels house and his wife and kids graves) . I always use the down arrow to click on keywords (as well as throwing in other words) and would have clicked every keyword listed that way at least a dozen times each.

nikkon78 likes this.
  6. Lexie

I'm sorry for the problems. Please understand I had to ask to be sure.
    Bug #: 49337 created. Thanks for the additional info.

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're having difficulty reproducing this issue internally. Could you provide us with details about how you led up to the state you now observe with Samael? Perhaps steps you recently took in the Love questline, or the order of NPCs you interacted with to get into this broken state?

Thank you.

Rentier likes this.
  8. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Interesting. I don't recall any conversation about a ring, though I was able to complete the quest line.

Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd share anyway.

9. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

It's difficult for me to state this with accuracy, as I have been stuck at this point for over a month, having initially quested along that line over half a year ago. When I recently went back looking for anything I missed, a whole bunch of extra quests were there, including me talking to siranto and khasi to reconcile them, and bumping off min liang tan in the shuttered eye etc.

My recollection of my first pass through malice was me talking to samael next to muriels ghost, with my words having an effect on him as I spoke (subsequent passes didn't include this information during conversation), talking to Anapa to make him Angry (subsequent passes there is no convo, he just enrages), and then getting through to sequanna where no conversation points lead to me obtaining the heart of sorrows.

10. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

I am having this issue also and am unable to proceed. I should also note I was never able to shake Samael of his sorrow from earlier in the dungeon.

11. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

can't finsh the quest. Samael allways say if as ask for the Ring. " NO. Do NOT speak to my of this Ring, or my wife! Why did you bring me here! We must go back !

I can't nothing do to talk with Sequanna. if i enter Destiny nothings happend. Samael dos not open the Chains

blacksheepboy likes this.
  12. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As a note I looked at these; what is happening is that Sequanna is (falsely) implying that Sameael is ready to be spoken with. If you are getting Samael to say "ask me of my ring" and then when you do he says "NO! Do not speak to me of this ring! Why did you bring me here, we must go back!", then you haven't resolved his desire to stay with his (now a ghost) wife. You will need to go back to Samael in the Warrens (near the entrance, by Muriel the ghost) and step through his dialogue until he says that he understands and is free of his need to be with her. (You should get messages to that effect as your words start to sway him.)

The bug right now is that the dialog with Sequanna and Samael where Samael isn't ready to come to terms with Muriel's death isn't firing correctly - that should prompt you that Samael's distress isn't resolved, but that isn't happening, thus the confusion.

In a future release we will have Samael act as a companion (similar to Necropolis) and thus he won't be with you until you release him - we will most likely have him hold one of the keys to the barrier to ensure that you have to finish that before the sequence with Anapa. But for right now, to fix, go talk to Samael by his ghostly wife until he says he's ready to continue, and then you will be able to finish the quest.

Rentier and discipleofweb like this.
  13. Lum the Mad

To shake Samael of his sorrow earlier, note that you can repeat dialog options to trigger his reaction, but repetition should not be necessary.

Rentier likes this.
  14. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Lum the Mad

Thanks for looking into this. As a note, on my first pass through, the conversation with Samuel at this point near the start of Malice had feedback stating "your words are having an effect" or something akin to that. On subsequent passes, all of this feedback is not given.

I will try to go back in there again to hammer out that convo point to see if it fixes my Sequanna dialog blocker.

Update: Went back in and hammered every keyword at the Samael/Muriel encounter at the start of Malice several times. Wen through to the end and still hard blocked.

Unfortunately, if you don't do this correct the first time it seems to hard block you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  15. Lum the Mad

Keywords that will cause Samael to "waver"

dead
    let me go
    muriel
    prisoner

It was recently updated so that you could not repeat keywords to get a benefit, however you should only need to use 3 of these.

If you use these and still cannot unlock Samael please ping @Attenwood so he can get on your character and get a listing of your quest flags for me to look at.

16. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

@Lum the Mad thanks for looking into this. I and @Lavinia Trask were having the same issue where we went through the entire dialog with Samael to convince him to let Muriel go and nothing would work. I will go back and check.

17. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

@Attenwood
    i try i again, every thing with the gem and the Barrier work. but if i come to Anapa i cant make a conversation. He is instant angry. after i kill him i go to
    sequanna and i can do finish the quest. Allways the conversation stopp, and i see inn Chat window that Samael say " You speak... you speak of Muriel!"
    if i talk ring to him it come the same " NO. Do NOT speak to my of this Ring, or my wife! Why did you bring me here! We must go back !
    i try to go back but ther the conversation nothing Change.

18. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

@Attenwood
    You tell to go back and ues the four words. but that's for nothing Samael allways talk the same ****. it's very frustrating. can it be that this stupide conversations in this game, kill the
    hole fun and block allways? Can yo not remove this ****? i try now over two weeks to finish this quest, to other two path has work, but path of love wors until the end Dialog.

Rear Admiral likes this.
  19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is also still broken for me, exactly the same way as mentioned in this thread. Tho, this is on my alt account, not my main...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Rear Admiral likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.