Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Riposte skill level dropping continuously

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by redfish, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Reproduction rate: n/a Blocker? No

Details:
    I've had my Riposte skill on Training, but throughout the day its been going down levels. Every time, the arrow turns red (to Unlearning) and I have to tick it back to green. So far, its gone down 4 levels, from 102 to 98. My current Pooled Experience is shown at 298,798. Only a handful of skills are set on Training, the rest are set to Not Training (and some are set to Training but aren't training because my Shield is broken). I'm not dying, just fighting.

I'm quitting for the day because I'm afraid it'll go down more.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Played a bit this morning, it went down another half level, not another full level drop yet, but I suspect if I play more it will

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@redfish
    Well I'm stumped on this. I cannot get Riposte to go down on levels the way you are describing.
    Did this just start happening today? Are you seeing it turn to a down red arrow on both the right hand side of your screen (skill advancement HUD) and when you press K?
    Is there any pattern you can notice - is it when you kill mobs or simply use it? Does it not seem to matter?

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

It started yesterday, when I posted the bug. The red arrow appeared on the skill advancement HUD, I didn't check the Skills window.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the Riposte skill more generally, rather than some bug on my character's skill advancement. I've had this kind of thing pop up with other skills, but from what I remember, it decreased at most one level and then went back to normal once I ticked it back up to Training, while this time with Riposte its been quite persistent and hard to get rid of.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Lexie,

It seems like its resolved itself now. My skill is now training again I got it back up to 99, now I just have to get it up 3 more levels ;)

Lexie likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@redfish
    I am still stumped by that. I'm so sorry it happened!

7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just an observation...Is it possible that when your cursor is lost (mine gets lost all the time), you are accidentally activating the up/down/stay arrows as you sweep your mouse around trying to spot where the cursor is? I know that I sometimes discard items from my combat bar this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.