Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request: Please add confirmation to Take All for containers

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Cleetus, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

I've got my crafting materials stored in a chest in my house. Usually I'll grab what I need, turn around to the crafting table, and hit 'e' to interact with the table. If I forget to close the container, instead I'll take everything out of it. This is followed by a lot of cursing and splitting out reagents and such to put everything back in the chest.

A simple confirm dialog on containers when Take All is selected would be good. Or maybe require a mouse click on the Take All button for containers in houses and ignore the default "use" key on them.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    DancingShade, Retro, Mimner and 5 others like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

reprogram it so you do not accidently activate it

Lained likes this.
  3. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

How do you reprogram a container window to not respond to the "use" key?

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well we have not been able to use the 'e' key for all that long really and I love it, but I do not love that I took all contents from a chest twice last night and that was painful in loss of time, but good in a way so I pay attention. I started using the 'e' key because double clicking made me move things in my house that I did not want to move. I love to use 'e' on doors and when picking up loot after a kill or also to harvest. So now just to remember it is ok to use 'e' to open a container but not for closing unless you want to take all the contents. When closing use the 'x' key in the upper right hand corner or the escape key on your keyboard ;). I would love a dialogue that said 'are you sure you want to take all' but I am not sure it will be priority for containers, who knows tho unless it was an easy thing ;). And perhaps 'e' doesn't work to close a container ;)

Retro likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Hopefully this'll be fixed in r40:

Cleetus likes this.
  6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

This would be nice. I have had to teach myself to stop using e ever around chest because of wasting time grabbing everything inside. I now only open with a double click and no e.

DancingShade likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Shared guild dump chests. New players.
    = Take all is a bad time.

A confirmation for chests trunks and bags would work. Wouldnt interfere with quick looting mobs that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.