Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game won't load after Update. (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Loki Vargr, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki Vargr

Loki Vargr Avatar

Hail SotA,

I this was my original post a few days ago:

I got very frustrated and took some days away but I need my SotA fix so back I came to see if I can get this fixed.

I am still having the same problem but can now provide more information. The Game does a second update through Steam (a day after I re installed the game) and here is what happens.

I can load up the game.

I can log in (through Steam)

But as soon as the game screen comes up (I can see my character on the world map for about 1-2 seconds) the game then crashes completely. (i.e: Back to windows with game gone).

I am a computer no hoper (being an older bloke with no computer knowledge) so can't provide you with my computer details , not even the basics so am hoping something can be done to fix it without me needing to give extra info or do other things (like anti virus exemptions, I read about them but no idea how to do them).

Thank you for a wonderful game and I REALLY hope this issue can be fixed as I believe this is the greatest game I have ever played (yes, I did play UO) .

~Loki~

EDIT: As I mentioned in my quote, I did re install and it did work for that session (about 5 hours of play) but next day when I started again, it did the second Steam update and then the problems kicked in. As it works the first time I install it (before it auto-updates through Steam) I assume my anti virus is not affecting it in any way and it is purely to do with the second update.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Loki Vargr

Loki Vargr Avatar

And now it is working again, no idea what is going on but can play so all good.

Lexie and liz_the_wiz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.