Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game won't load after Update.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Loki Vargr, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki Vargr

Loki Vargr Avatar

I tried to log in to the game from steam and after waiting for the update to finish, I get this message and now am unable to load the game at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam - Error

An error occurred while updating Shroud of the Avatar : Forsaken Virtues (content file locked):

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I restarted my computer a couple of times and even completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but always get this Steam pop up message when I try to start the game.

I have been a daily player for the last 2 weeks with no problems at all (until now).

Please help and Thank you.

~Loki~

EDIT: I have since solved this problem after hours of frustration, Purely a fault with Steam and I was able to fix it by uninstalling Steam completely and then re-installing Steam and then re-installing SotA. Cheers.
    ~Loki~

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If it happens again try clearing cache on steam - it may not have solved your issue but if a file gets corrupted during installation it can usually fix it.

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.