1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Lava Fishing Pools No longer Working

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Strider99, Dec 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

12/11/2021 17:32
    Title: Lava Fishing Pools No longer Working
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details: Placed Regular Stone lava Pool Medium on POT and on Village lot. We were able to fish out of it last week. Now when you cast, indicator never lets you turn blue and cast. Tried picking up pool and replacing. Tried placing onto Lot rather than PoT.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place Medium Lava Pool on PoT or village Lot. Tried as me and had WInfieldPaxlair try too.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32699
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1492.Date.12.03.21
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Crossroads Alleys
    Area Display Name: Crossroads Alleys
    Loc: (350.4, 54.3, -185.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcm9zc3JvYWRzIEFsbGV5c3woMzUwLjM4MSwgNTQuMjgsIC0xODUuMTA1KXwoMCwgMC45MjQsIDAsIDAuMzgyKXwtMjIwLjAwNHw1MC45MDYwNXw1LjMyOTk5Nw==

2. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

We did some other testing too.
    With Same Medium Lava pool.... and Lava Fishing Rod with True bronze Engraving
    Tried in Placing pool in Crossroad Alleys where I am steward and tried on lot I own.
    We then had Winfield try placing it on His Pot PAXLocus. Wouldn't work there either
    HE then placed Town deed in Paxlocus and placed Pool on his lot, did not work.

Purchased Large Lava Pool from crown store, tried placing on POT Crossroad Alleys. Fishing still not functional.
    Changed Fishing Rod to Dyeable Fishing Rod. Same result
    Change Fishrod to Generic Lava Fishing Rod....same result
    All these tried with Gemmed Lure and Heavy Gemmed Lurer bait
    Tried placing large pool on Town Lot in Paxlocus. Ran all same tests. Still not functioning.

3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Strider99 likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. seems there's some collider over the lava: i wasn't able to get a targeting circle from above, but was able to cast one after tilting the camera below the lava (which is another problem)

[​IMG]

5. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Seems to be working this morning. Thank you!

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there hasn't been a patch. nothing changed. did you change some deco on the affected lot?

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Not that I can think of. The Lava Pool Pictured was not on a lot but directly on the POT. Both of them are working today and they weren't yesterday.

8. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

With some more testing, I think I found the cause of this. It was a Deco Collision. Nothing can touch the lava pool whatsoever or it wouldn't work. One small corner barely touching a road tile, caused problem. On side of the pool was touching a castle wall, caused problem. A flaming dragon was set to hang over pool, caused problem. I hope this is the answer, at least I think it is. Thank you everyone for the help.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

This appears back. I cleared all the other deco replaced the pool, rezoned and you still can only fish in lava pool from wierd angles

10. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

I did report this on the first day, my bug report is in the item category.
    So basicaly, can't cast depending where the camera is pointed, So side of the pool lavas will work better then the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.