Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Lost more than all avoidance

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Aldo, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I was fighting in Tenebris Harbor and suddenly I lost all my avoidance. With all clothes off and all buffs cancelled, I show minus 17 avoidance naked. I left scene and problem still existed. Logged off for a half hour and on relog, my character still shows -17 avoidance. Replacing clothes with 19 accumulated avoidance, my avatar shows 2 (19 minus 17). Tough going now.

@Berek Please move this thread to feedback. It is not a bug (see below).

Edited per above message to Berek.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Hoping for a response soon, as my toon is crippled for usual content. I am guessing that this is server side issue and a wipe on my end would not correct. Avoiding a fresh install like the plague.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Can you do /bug from your character so the devs have a better idea of who to look at etc? maybe post a picture of where you're seeing this info, and your character etc.

Aldo likes this.
  4. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Did you finish the blessing quest in Tenebris Harbor? It gives -20 avoidance and +20 dodge for a few hours I think.

Alley Oop, Oyjord Hansen and Aldo like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Whoa! I didn't know about this quest. I did not talk to any NPC. Does this quest require NPC interaction? The -20 avoidance fits pretty good into my situation. I guess I should wait a couple hours and see. Thanks for the info.

6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Yea, I am sort of left out of the picture posting because of my avoidance of joining any picture sharing site. I have a real problem with the ads and cookies associated with these sites. I suffer (as here) with the inconvenience, but that is my choice. However if after a couple of hours the problem persists I will do a /bug. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

imgur.com doesnt require you to login you can just upload a picture and get the link

Aldo likes this.
  8. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

You bring some troll parts from another scene to a cultist npc in Tenebris Harbor.
    You can't really do the quest by mistake, so probably not the case for you. It can also be canceled at any time.

Lexie and Aldo like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Yep, figured it out. They should tell you up front what the reward is, not hide it. One cannot tell by looking at stats displayed in the UI that your avoidance goes down and your dodge goes up. Being a melee character, dodge has been an attribute I have not followed at all. I am assuming that dodge is better than avoidance, else what value the reward. So for the time being I am going to live with my loss of 20 avoidance, trusting that I am to the good lol. Thanks for the help btw.

Lexie likes this.
  10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If that service is for free, then my loss for being so distrustful. I really should investigate whether they load up a bunch of tracking cookies or other hidden stuff. Does imgur load up the side screen with ads for hot "foreign" babes searching for guys like me?

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Can’t say I’ve seen any but I do run Adblock

12. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

You don't have the debuff/buff stuck on you, is that right? Just checking to see this has been squared away.
    @Aldo

Aldo likes this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just logged in for another day. The answer is YES, my avoidance is still minus 20 from normal. I have no way of seeing what my dodge is compared to before. Please add this to the list of bugs despite my edit to original post. Also let me know if my toon can be fixed in the meantime. @Lexie .

14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Title: Avoidance loss

Reproduction Rate: Permanent

Blocker? My avatar characteristics have been permanently changed, making the character different than developed and outfitted for.

Details: See postings above

Steps to Reproduce: Turned in toenails to prospector in Tenebrae Harbor. I bugged next day when in Owl's Head.

User Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32670

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086

SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18

Area: OwlsHead

Area Display Name: Owl's Head

Loc: (98.5, 63.5, -210.9)

Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg5OC40NzcsIDYzLjUwNSwgLTIxMC45MjMpfCgwLCAwLjA0MSwgMCwgLTAuOTk5KXwzMzMuOTk3OHwtMS4wMTM2NDZ8OS4zNzc3NDE=

15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Sigh.... Discovered "blessing of elusiveness" icon in upper left corner of screen. It looks just like my obsidian potion icons. Dismissed it and all is back to normal. Apologies for all the drama. @Lexie

Edit right corner to left corner

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Lexie, Steevodeevo and liz_the_wiz like this.
  16. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

LOL, brave Avatar for owning up. Your Honour, Humility, Courage and Honesty stats just took a huge boost!

Aldo likes this.
  17. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I forgive ya :p There is nothing to forgive, really. I thank you for updating us. Otherwise I would have been left wondering on this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.