1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] My Obsidian Destroyer is now a Large Obsidian Bear

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Bridge Troll, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

My Obsidian Destroyer is now a Large Obsidian Bear

The necklace was equipt when the game updated. It WAS an Obsidian Destroyer named Toll Collector. Now it is still Toll Collector, but it says it is a Large Obsidian Bear.

2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Yeah that's really a game blocker... :rolleyes:

(Hint: Wrong category. This one is for really critical issues that prevent gameplay.)

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

A break in the persistence of objects is a severe error which needs escalation imo.

I looked at the other bugs listed here and felt it was equal or more severe.

As for game blocking. I am a solo tamer. I cannot replace was the game stole easily and that bear is my weapon. If my vorpal blade was changed to a butter knife wouldn't that be a ga,e blocker?

kaeshiva likes this.
  4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Bridge Troll likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Mentioned in the other thread, but it also happened to my Wyvverns, 3 out of 4. So it's not super isolated. I bet many other players haven't noticed or logged in yet.

I suggest patience, but it is scary when items get broken. But it's not the first time.

6. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord Moderator SOTA Developer

Bug entered. #63820

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Lol, had the same Bug.
    First I thought its balance nerf, but later I noticed that my Obsidian Destroyer wasnt a Destroyer anymore.
    Name was "Papa Bär der Trolltöter". I "released" him, because I thought it had done something stupid when I played with too much Jack in my veins *g*

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

:p

9. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Issue #63861 . Verified. Looks like a data migration went awry. Will look into a remedy.

EDIT: Pet data has been restored! Players who saw their pets changed will have their pet restored to the correct creature type. Players who have subsequently re-tamed a new pet will not be effected.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.