Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Resources, Crafting and the economy, BAD form please relook at respawn values

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I understand the change to resources and the harvesting of them. The change so they are not always spawned and available is ok , BUT ....

With this change anyone harvesting a resource affects across all the worlds and the respawn is kind of random, this Is going to KILL any type of resource gathering as they are so limited that it is not beneficial at all to even try.

Especially since it has been made that what it takes to craft some pieces now is so out of the realm of possible or affordable.

Specifics - run around and see all the trees on the ground - they have been cut down by another player (or yourself) but not yet respawned and may not respawn for hours. It appeasrs that trees are much more NOT respawing as ore seems to come up much faster or more often. I also just went to Gaff Gem Mines for the first time today and EVERY crystal node was harvested? Why should I even bother, plus if they where there they are worth 6 gold at best????

Now a guildie made a piece of leather armor, legs. It took what was 80 ish Hides - EIGHTY to make a piece of armor that is of lower values than leather armor purchasable and only worth 1500 gold if sold????? Really???

Now there were some other mods on the armor but not really worth the effort.

This change to Resource Spawning is not a bad idea but the level of restriction is way WAY to high. Need to have them rewpsn much faster.

Especially for testing, not much going to be tested if nothing can be gotten to make $ or items :-(

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. nosavynada

nosavynada Avatar

When someone mention a few weeks ago that it was the intent to have things done in one instance impact all instances I was hoping this was a misunderstanding of what the devs intended. I mentioned immediately that it would be worse than if open world pvp. At least with open world pvp you could see who was gathering ahead of you and .....come to an understanding. I also saw that it would be a huge negative impact to resource gathering and spawns.
    As you say it makes it not worth bothering. You will not always see who is where gathering. So you can jump ahead of them as it were or. It makes the whole idea of solo gathering runs worthless, as you will not see who is gathering and who is killing the mobs etc. For example what if I run through all the mobs and just lead them back and forth around the map.. do some of them ... train those in other instances.... what happens if someone a guild mate runs in and diverts all the mobs and a seperate mule account or person not on friends or guild list goes in and skips along behind them and gathers?
    I think it is far better to have spawns for resources as well as mobs be separate in the instances and then just randomize the re-spawns or the number of nodes so that there is not a flood of resources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.