Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Respawn in dungeons

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Sindariya, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I was just in a dungeon with 2 people and was exploring it. I had to notice that encounter respawn quite fast. So it would be quite easy to make it the ideal never ending grind paradies.

what is the longterm plan to prevent this or is that the masterplan?

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Dungeons/sewers/catacombs/caves often need special respawn rates, affected by their overall size, room sizes, population density, quest involvement, puzzles, and other factors. Without knowing which dungeon you were in, I can still say that, in general, the compact nature of dungeons means we need to slow down the respawn rate for dungeons by some amount. If you feel a dungeon, or even just a part of a dungeon, is respawning too quickly, you can report that like any other bug and we'll look into it. If its respawn is too fast, we'll slow it down.

FrostII and Elwyn like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the dungeon in question was the 125-point player dungeon and i think the concern is for player dungeons in general.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ah, gotcha. The current player dungeons aren't necessarily set up in the same way as their final versions. They're a new type of dungeon, so we're still trying to find the best respawn rates. And, as I mentioned before, players can submit bug reports if they think the respawn rates are too fast.

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Interesting, somehow I thought player dungeons would be instanced.

So player or party enters dungeon and a copy of it is created which exist until everyone leaves. No re-spawn mechanic needed in this scenario.

6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I think it would be best if the static player owned dungeons and the player created dungeons are instanced so that each party entering it would get a different copy. AND, have vigorous respawn rates.
    This way several parties could enter the biggest dungeon in town and each group would get their own instance. While each party advences the respawn in each room or area would add to the challenge and keep the party from getting bored waiting for something to do. And if the dungeon has a winding path that connects back to the starting room, they could work their way back to the starting room and decide if it is time to take a break, or to go around again. Of course there could also be dead end pathways that lead to even more challenging rooms with a tiered wave spawn ending with a mini-boss of some type.

@Sannio

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

What makes you think it wasn't instanced? He was obviously in a party.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they are not instanced. we were partied, but tazar stopped by and entered the same scene out of party.

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Well that's interesting. I doubt that's intended, so enjoy it while you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.