Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] "Always Open" door does not work when the house is still under a loading state

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Chiasma, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

06/28/2019 09:41
    Title: "Always Open" door does not work when the house is still under a loading state
    Reproduction Rate: 90%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Make a door "Always Open". Login to an account, walk to the house and check the door. The door is still closed if the house is still under a loading state.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.Win.64.999.Date.06.27.19
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Veritas Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Veritas Sanctuary
    Loc: (-1.1, 36.0, 439.5)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFZlcml0YXMgU2FuY3R1YXJ5fCgtMS4wNTUsIDM2LjAwMywgNDM5LjUxOSl8KDAsIC0wLjk3OSwgMCwgMC4yMDMpfC0xNTYuNDc0NXwyOS4yNjgwNnw5LjM2MjE3Ng==

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Needs more information about what the problem you are seeing.

3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

When you walk near a lot or login, the game will start loading the house decoration. If the loading isn't completed, player cannot interact with doors, windows or chest and they are all closed.

4. Lord Subtleton

Is there anything about the "always open" feature that isn't working how you would expect it to work?

5. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

The door should "always open" even though the loading has not been completed. I don't want to get trapped in my house until the long loading complete.

I recall to home just now and the house looks like (e.g. window and doors are closed and not able to interact):
    [​IMG]

When the long loading is completed, the window and doors open again:
    [​IMG]

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How can the client know that the door should be open if it hasn't loaded that information yet?

7. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

That's a good question as the client sometimes know the information immediately but most of the time require more than a minute.

8. Lord Subtleton

The behavior quoted above is exactly what I would expect to see, aside from the "door should open before loading". The game won't allow you to interact with items until it has downloaded the state for that item. Until the lot has loaded, your character cannot enter the lot. I'm not able to reproduce any cases of getting trapped in a lot for one minute while decorations load. Perhaps there is an element of this issue that I am missing?

Perhaps post a video of the problem case?

Jaesun and Chiasma like this.
  9. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I wish I could take a video but it may take time for me to figure out how videoing work.

As for the loading issue, I went to adventure and recalled back from Central Brittany. The loading problem appeared at that time when I saw you left. This is fine if it is by design that the option does not get loaded after a minute. I will just wait every time until the door open.

10. Lord Subtleton

Is this an issue that just recently started for you? Also, when using a recall scroll, the game should place your character outside of the lot. So there should be no way to be trapped inside.

Is anyone having a similar issue of using a recall scroll and finding yourself trapped inside your house for a minute while things load?

11. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Sometimes it happen after a recall, sometimes it happen after a login when I log off inside the house.

If it is a login loading problem, I get trapped inside. If it is a recall loading problem, I have to wait a minute before the door open.

12. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I just find a way to reproduce the loading problem three times.

1. Log off the character in the house
    2. Close the client by quitting the game
    3. Open a new client
    4. Login the account and resume the character in my house (The door is opened)
    5. Exit to the menu and log off
    6. Login the account again and resume the character in my house (The door is closed and need to wait until loading is completed)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  13. Lord Subtleton

I'd like to narrow down the cause of the problem. Prior to this release were you able to load directly into your house and all interactables were immediately loaded and ready? i.e. You used to be able to open your doors instantly upon load into the scene and now you can't?

14. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I can't interact with doors/windows/chest most of the time until loading completed before this release.

15. Lord Subtleton

For the benefit of other players ready this post: @Chiasma 's network round-trip-time is roughly 10 times slower than the typical US player, due mainly to his geography.
    I made a change to the loading order for the client in this patch #1003 and added some logging. Hopefully we can improve on the 1 minute of "jail" time he is currently experiencing.

16. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I just tested and found that the door stay opened most of the time after the second login or recall. Thanks and love you so much :)

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.