Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Berin's Reach scenery not loading results in a large cliff into a ravine

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Kelly O'Shay, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

10/27/2017 5:33 PM
    Title: Berin's Reach scenery not loading results in a large cliff into a ravine
    Reproduction Rate: This happened even after I left town and re-entered. It only worked correctly after I exited the game entirely and restarted.
    Blocker? no, if you exit game and restart it works correctly
    Details: in Berans Reach the scene is not loaded, resulting in a large ravine in the middle of town that you can fall into and die.
    Steps to Reproduce: After patch 683, enter Berins Reach, mark a row lot to travel to, approach the row lot using compass, but fall into a large ravine and die.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Beran's Reach
    Area Display Name: Beran's Reach
    Loc: (-200.8, 36.0, 367.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJlcmFuJ3MgUmVhY2h8KC0yMDAuODMzLCAzNi4wMDIsIDM2Ny40NDIpfCgwLCAwLjg1MiwgMCwgMC41MjMpfDExNy4wNTYxfDE3Ljc1ODM1fDEyLjY1OTg1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

Lexie likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Lum the Mad @Attenwood @Lexie In the patch notes for 683 you state:
    Some scene instances may be bugged in which it is easy for players to fall through the ground. An existing workaround is to reload the scene.

But, from my experience with this in the above bug, reloading the scene did not fix the problem. I had to exit the client completely and restart client to get the scene to reload correctly.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

What you're observing appears to be related to the issue and the workaround discussed in @Mekile Stormwind's link above. Using Windows 8 Compatibility Mode appears to fix this problem for many users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.