Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded]Build 504 - Serenity Isle - Unable to Manage PoT Spawn Location

Discussion in 'Release 42 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Description: Error message received when trying to manage spawn location
    Reproduction rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: I changed my PoT biome back in R40. It was implemented in R41. Since that time I have not been able to manage the spawn location. I get this error: "There is no map available for this scene." This is getting frustrating!

I put in a bug report in R41 regarding a similar error when trying to use SoTAMap. No Devs replied to that bug report.:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...cene-not-found-in-the-sotamap-database.88964/

I'd like a Dev to reply to this bug report and tell me what the heck is going on with my inability to change the town spawn location because there is no map available for the scene. Is this going to be fixed for R42??

@Serafina @Attenwood @Lexie someone, anyone - please investigate this:

This is NOT my template: swampisland_metropolis_01a_template
    My template is: swampisland 01a - left <<<LEFT

Steps to Reproduce: Visit my PoT. See this video:

www.dailymotion.com/video/x5n6sk5_shroud-of-the-avatar-2017-05-21-01-36-34-12_videogames

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.602.Date.05.18.17
    Area: Serenity Isle (POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle) Loc: (-3.4, 14.2, -36.4)

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello Fionwyn!

We're so sorry that this issue appears to have fallen through the cracks. The issue has been submitted to our team for immediate review and quick resolution. It looks like something's not being properly referenced, which may be blocking the adjustment of your town spawn location.

We'll jump on this right away. I'll even go poke some teammembers to see if we can't get this in for R42. If not in the initial live build, then in a following patch. Thank you for your patience. :)

Bug id: 46143

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Attenwood @Lexie :

I know how busy you folks are and it seems there is never a good time to pester about something like this. I appreciate you looking into this. :)

My suspicion is this whole situation was caused by *me* choosing the non-standard *LEFT* map. I'll bet money that whatever internal reference is supposed to be for *left* has been missed (or perhaps doesn't even exist). This would explain why the template location info shows this and I get an error for the POT spawn location:

(POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle)

This is turn is what causes the SoTAMap error. Fix one, you fix them both...but that is just my theory. :)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We definitely understand, especially since you did report this previously. I've added your theory to the bug report...it's a good theory.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.