Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can look into and open all containers everywhere

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by Tailz, Aug 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Interim solution, not acceptable for the long-term as it puts the onus on the players to secure their items rather than holding the developers accountable for fixing what they broke.

I agree up to a point - the grief tactic is thwarted in the interim. However, this is definitely not the long-term solution IMO. Portalarium fixing what they broke is the long-term solution.

I am not here to beat up on Portalarium as I accept that mistakes get made and they are human beings just like the rest of us. I just don't want to see this swept under the rug as a "working as intended" situation. I want the devs to take this seriously as a "not working for many of us who play this game" situation.

The fact that this was NOT taken seriously as a bug, instead moved here into the "feedback" section, speaks volumes and not in a good way. They need to admit this is a mistake and fix it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Ostvel and Tailz like this.
  2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

And what happens when you need to ban player 11?

Did Portalarium stop selling in game items for money? Have they refunded all the things I bought FROM THEM? Does my subscription not give me benefits any longer?

Even without RMT, What Tailz says about it being my decision to reveal what's in a chest is STILL valid.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Tailz like this.
  3. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

@Barugon If these issues do not bother or concern you, then please go comment on the ones that do.

We are effectively showing the reasons why this needs fixing asap and the problems that arise from not fixing not. We also need long term solutions, not short term work-arounds that hardly work if at all.

When something is marked "Private" then it must be private.

pri·vate

/ˈprīvit/

adjective: private

belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.

(official definition)

As @Tiina Onir said:

Good question... but lets not even go there and just fix the problem?

Tiina Onir and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm not arguing against privacy permissions. In fact, I asked for it earlier in this thread if you'll just read back a bit. Arguments about how you're going to to be griefed or loose precious RMT profits are a bit ridiculous.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's what the privacy settings actually say:

[​IMG]

They very specifically cover moving or modifying the container itself, adding something to the container and taking something from the container but there's nothing about viewing the contents.

Again, I think they should add it but it is not a critical situation.

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

So I have been reading these post’s and speaking to other players (something Portalarium needs to do) and boiling inside. :mad:

@Chris @DarkStarr @Vas Corp Por @Lord British
    This is totally UNACCEPTABLE that we now have to wait for a future update for something that was in the game.

Question: how many people do you know that have now packed up their houses and left the game in the last 2 weeks?
    I know of 4 gone and 3 selling up. :( We are lucky to have the active daily players and these design changes and lack of knowledge of their own game is driving those few players away.
    How many people out there are struggling to get a full party of 8 these days to do the new Despise dungeon?

The dev’s would actually have TO PLAY THE GAME!! to test and experience the heart wrenching pain we go through when you log on and someone is rummaging through your items and not even the owner of the house can access the chests while that snoop has them open. The only way I could get him out of my house was to send my house to the property manager, then he/she just moved onto the next house.

So what is the use of banning people if they can still come onto your lot and troll us while in our crafting stations?
    @Lord Subtleton Have you tried banning someone? they create a new account (free) and back in your house within 15 mins and there's a limit of 10 banned players :confused:

What was NOT in the patch notes was the bug where people could come onto your POT and take the cloths off your mannequinn's placed on POT lands. This was bug reported and instantly removed as it was too exploitable to leave on the forums and fixed the next day. Yes i had mannequin cloths stolen.:mad: only if you knew about the bug, a small/quick comment was made by Chris on one of his streams about it.

This has happened to me twice so far, random snoop in my crafting house going through my chests.:mad:

Correct comment by Tailz here. Dev changes forced us into multiplayer instances in POT's for this same reason, now your forcing us into basements.:(

It was already in the game many moons ago and they f'd that up aswell and took it out.

Anyway ive been typing this now longer than i actually played the game this week, so slowly that number will be at 5 and i won't have to worry about these forum posts or the bug reports that never get fixed unless (you know who) sms's the powers above :(

7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

You are correct, this is not a critical situation, critical indicates life and death and looking into containers in a game isn't life and death.

That said, it is common knowledge Portalarium rolled out the new permission system without enough testing and it has been goofed up from the get go. This particular situation is part and parcel of the hurried approach to changing a system that worked and breaking it. Worse is the attitude of "we'll consider adding a feature" but for now you guys have to twist yourselves into pretzels to find a "kludge".

Definition of kludge : a haphazard or makeshift solution to a problem and especially to a computer or programming problem

I have reached my limit with the haphazard and makeshift solutions foisted on the community over the years. We all know people who have left due to the amount of good will Portalarium has squandered. While I agree this is not a critical, life or death situation, it is an important one that needs to be better addressed by devs, ie, fix it ASAP.

8. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Well...

I'm not gonna complain about this design or permissions platform change to much.

I'm always constrained to observe the fact that I don't know everything going on in house, and with EP2 coming up coupled with the fact that I know there are major platforms being seriously considered for introduction into the game, I don't know but what these new permissions aren't a "needed" change to make sh^t work properly in EP2.

I don't mind if someone can snoop the top layer of my chest if I have the functionality to find them later on the open seas and blast their nosey ass to smithereens.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  9. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

I don't quiet know how to sum up my feeling about this issue, It worked well before, so why was it altered in such a devastating fashion?
    What I have or have not collected is my business and no one else. I do not like the idea of what I have being open to anyone that may care to look.
    This must be FIXED before too many of us give up and go find another place to spend our time and energy.

Many of the posters have commented that it would not have happened if the dev's played the game.

I have to agree that if they played the game, but only as we do, and with the same skills as the have, not 200 in all skills etc they may see how many of the things actually work or don't work.
    They may also witness the effect of the changes to combat that get made on a regular basis.

It is getting to the point that the effort in reporting bugs and waiting for a fix takes away from what should be a enjoyable past time.
    To make it worse the developer that responded to this bug, @Lord Subtleton recommends banning players from your house, wow what a wonderful solution. Time to get real!
    How about I ban the whole community to protect my privacy.

10. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

HAH ^_^

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Good news! The next patch will restore container privacy.

[heard it on the livestream]

Rentier and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As of 1041, I can still look into other people's containers.

Ostvel likes this.
  13. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

Same here, patch did not work. I can wander into any lot in britt mart and view containers marked as kindred

14. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Confirmed, the container issue persists into this patch.

I am still able to see all and any containers on anyones lot.
    Patch did not work.

Copperhead and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  15. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

Whoever from Port is working on this; thank you for taking it seriously and attempting to fix it however,
    [​IMG]
    Looks like this needs to be relisted under "Known Issues" instead of "Updates" until it is fixed properly.
    I hope we did not lose too many people over this, it is getting spooky quiet around Novia.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  16. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Chris

As reported by others, this is not fixed. All containers, ie, bags, chests, trunks, backpacks, furniture etc. can still be accessed by anyone and everyone. They are still not private.

Thanks for announcing that it was going to be fixed, perhaps you can actually "git er done"?

@Lord Subtleton @DarkStarr ?? Anyone??

Tailz likes this.
  17. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

This is also not to be lost or forgotten in this patch please.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  18. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

I see they reworded the patch notes heh

Tailz likes this.
  19. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Yes...they did.

So:

1. If Chris said in his stream that this was going to be fixed
    2. The original patch notes said chests were again private.
    3. We tell them "nope, not private, still broke"
    4. Now someone revised the patch notes where nothing is mentioned about about PRIVATE containers...

...it's like the ice hot tub - it makes no sense! I am going to keep this screen grab for posterity so I can remember the ultimate DLMB maneuver. Darth Vader would be impressed.

[​IMG]

Tailz likes this.
  20. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Reworded notes...
    "
    Build Number 1041 – September 13 9:00PM

Updates

• Multiple players can view chest and mannequin contents simultaneously for view-only access while also allowing one player to open the container for take/modify access
    • New Gustball fields and patterns
    • Bug fixed that prevented equipping items from a mannequin via drag-n-drop
    • More Vault items
    • Store updates"
    So is this fix still in the works for all containers or was this past Fridays stream apology all a bunch of BS? @Chris

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.