Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Door Permissions Failing!

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Sonja, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

3/30/2018 1:43 PM
    Title: Door Permissions Failing!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Y
    Details: Editing previous door permissions results in all permissions clearing, the door manager losing access, and the door going unlocked and public. New permissions fail and do not function for the new manager and the door remains public.
    Steps to Reproduce: Edit door permissions or attempt to set new door permissions - new managers cannot access door menu and old managers lose access to menu. Doors do not lock. It's as if door permissions do not save and are wiped after making new changes.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16346
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Brittany Fort
    Area Display Name: Brittany Fort
    Loc: (124.2, 52.4, 281.1)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8QnJpdHRhbnkgRm9ydHwoMTI0LjE2LCA1Mi40MTQsIDI4MS4wNTkpfCgwLCAwLjEwMywgMCwgMC45OTUpfDguNzQzMjI4fDIzLjc0MDl8MS45MjkyMTc=

Occurrences:

1. When attempting to give unused room #34 in the Brittany Fort Inn to Hothian Deridwood I set him as the manager of the unused door and he immediately noticed that he was not able to access the door management menu. We spent about an hour trying to figure out why he could not pull up the door access menu and attempted numerous times to make him the manager and lock the door, but the door remains unlocked with no manager. During this time SotA crashed half a dozen times so I'm not sure if that had some sort of corrupting effect.

2. Juan Solo was the manager of room door 11 in the Brittany Fort Inn and everything was working fine. He either unlocked or modified the door access list and then all names were wiped from door management and the door was left unlocked. I attempted to make him the manager of the door again and lock the door, but it does not save. Immediately after making him the manager again or locking his door it simply reverts to having no manager and being unlocked. The permissions appear to save for me but when I relog they are gone and they do not function for anyone else.

3. Door #5 of the Brittany Fort Inn is failing to save permissions and stay locked as above no matter how many times I try to lock it or assign access.

4. The first floor corner room in the Brittany Fort Inn is doing the same. I have repeatedly attempted to lock the doors, and set myself as the manager of the doors, but no door permissions save. Immediately after locking the doors and setting myself as the manager of them they simply revert to being unlocked with no manager. Relogging reveals that they are unlocked and have no permissions set.

5. I set AgentWelder as manager of room #69 and it appeared to lock and function and list him as the manager, however, upon logging in just now I can see his door permissions are cleared and the door is now unlocked also.​

Doors that do not have their permissions edited or that do not have their locked status changed appear to continue to function normally.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    agentwelder and Juan Solo like this.
  2. sharpiejas

sharpiejas Avatar

3/30/2018 9:48 PM
    Title: door permissions failing
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Y
    Details: Unable to be granted access to room 34 from Sonja in Brittany Fort
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16282
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 2010
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Brittany Fort
    Area Display Name: Brittany Fort
    Loc: (115.2, 52.4, 279.3)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8QnJpdHRhbnkgRm9ydHwoMTE1LjE1MSwgNTIuMzY2LCAyNzkuMjgyKXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDA2KXwtNTQxLjg2NTh8OC44NjQzNzl8NC43OTk2Nzk=

Sonja and Juan Solo like this.
  3. agentwelder

agentwelder Avatar

I just woke up this morning after Sonja made me a manager of my room and all permissions are reset. We did a bit of testing this morning. Im am able to open and close the door even though Sonja set the permissions.I can't even left or right click the door to see or set permissions on the door or to even lock it.

This was working last night before logging out.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Sonja likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sonja There are a lot of variables with house and lot permissions. We may need to re-visit and ask you some additional questions on this report as the dev looks into it. I have submitted for now. Thank you and I'm sorry for the issues.
    Bug #: 57669

Sonja likes this.
  5. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

@Lexie there are several other reports (not sure if you've seen them yet), but they might have more detail that helps. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ues-with-door-permissions.116667/#post-992158

Sonja likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, I'm assuming the OP was marking them tenants like you were. I've added your info to the report. Thanks!
    @ldykllr

ldykllr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.