Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Hit "close window "X"" Fell to death from my basement.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Aldo, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Windows 10 mode, salvaged two estoc swords, left crafting station and screen went black as I fell to my death and lost 50K+ experience. Happened in my basement in Spite.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Happened two more times when leaving Carpentry station. Only died once. To be more specific, I did not fall through world but somehow landed on my basement floor with everything black all around. One time everything stayed black and I was a ghost. The other two times I ended up in the basement.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Aldo
    Are you running Windows 10? Have you tried to run SoTA in Windows 8 compability mode? It's not the launcher you want to run in compability mode but the game .exe file itself.
    I am assuming this happened at two different locations in the game?

If you think it is that particular basement could you /bug the location for us please? Thanks so much and I'm sorry for the problems.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Lexie , No, I run in Win 10. I can wait for fix. This happened only in my basement at Spite, north gate. I will bug it next time I am there and it happens. It happens on the blacksmith and carpenter stations. I have found that if I move rapidly in the dark ether that I will plop out back in the basement without dying, so can handle the situation. /bug next time it happens (probably tonight). Thanks.

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Lexie OK, just got killed falling from blacksmith station in my basement again. While dead my location was (-5.0, -269.2, 8.6) I walked around as a ghost in basement till ankh appeared and rezed. Walked back to blacksmith station and my location while alive there was (8.1, 5.0, 14.1).

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Aldo likes this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Lexie I have figured out what the problem is with the crafting station and falling out of scene on exit. As reported in another thread, when entering the blacksmith station, your avatar is stationed too far to the right of the anvil. Well, I have my blacksmith station up against a wall of the basement. Now, although I can enter the station OK, my avatar is apparently stationed too far into the wall. Then when exiting, I actually start the exit from outside my basement, probably causing the problem as to my position. I moved the blacksmith station to the middle of the room and the problem has been eliminated so far. Still using win 10;) with no other falling problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.