Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] map sync still goofed when teleporting to any ruins

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Kaffien, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    5/1/2018 12:35 AM

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I walked into the blackblade pass, made my way to Hilt Fortress.
    I finished the obsidian forge / reforge vermillion lens.
    I recalled home to blue rose isle and unloaded my loots. I then teleported to a person in the
    KAS Ruins. I then turned around and left to the novia map.

It now shows the Kas ruins map. Also there are strange markers on the map like
    passage to kings port and bloodbay.

Here' an image.

[​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.Win.64.770.Date.04.30.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-73.3, 16.7, 291.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtNzMuMjY3LCAxNi42NTYsIDI5MS4yNzEpfCgwLCAtMC45MDcsIDAsIC0wLjQyMSl8MTMwLjU5MTV8MjYuMzU2MTF8MjA=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I couldn't repro this. This *sounds* like a one time deal so let us know if you find any kind of repro. You state 100% repro but I don't know if you did this just once :) If you can repro, I'd like to know if you had the map up the whole time and if it worked fine for the other scenes (if you had it up)
    @Kaffien

3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I don't have time to test hilt again. but this is the same genre of bug in the ruins i mentioned before.

The easiest way to test was for me to walk from bluerose isle to avoid involving teleport. I walked to madras ruins. entered the vault,
    went to the point where you would normal find a page, looted the 21 gold. then i recalled back to blue rose isle.

This is the easiest loop I've been able to make to reproduce every single time.

The map was open the entire time.

below is a picture of when i returned to blue rose isle. I took a picture of it with an expanded map so you can see where it shows me on the map of midras ruins.
    You can also see my cursor on the bottom of the map. The little icons near my cursor says 'your lot'. It actually points to where my lot was in relation to my cursor.
    Moving forward doesn't resync the map, it shows the map as i move ... clearly no where near midras ruins.

I only did the hilt test once, but every single one of these page / lens quests where you enter a nested area from the pvp zone and recall back out does this.
    This is the midras ruins one I've tested at least 5 times.

I'm running out of recall / teleports haha.

I think the key is entering a nested area like the vault, which has no map. then recalling back out. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.