Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Mushroom toadstool drop rate is off

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hemswal The Descended, May 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

5/4/2018 6:41 AM
    Title: Mushroom toadstool drop rate seems off
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Toadstools not reasonably dropping. I have been killing mushrooms in various zones for several days now. I've invested quite a bit of time into getting a simple deco items from a 1 skull mob. Sure, I could buy one or 10 but that's not the point. 4 guildies went and killed the shrooms and literally got their stools on the FIRST loot. This is clearly a bug. Either my character is bugged or the loot table for this creature is bugged.
    Steps to Reproduce: Kill mushrooms, either loot a shroom stool or don't.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (227.1, 63.9, -2.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyMjcuMTE4LCA2My44NiwgLTIuNDE3KXwoMCwgLTAuMDgxLCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8LTkuMjgxMjE5fDIzLjk3Njc3fDEyLjYzMjQ0

FrostII likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Applerust
    These are the evils (and sometimes blessings) of RNG I'm afraid. It is dropping. Your avatar is not bugged when it comes to loot I promise :)

3. Hemswal The Descended

I've seen enough of the RNG in Sota to disagree. Not trying sound like a jerk or seem combative. Please don't don't think I'm attacking you.

For 4 people to loot something on the literal first try and then for the 5th person to not loot that same thing after several days of farming. The numbers don't work out.

If every loot is a roll and this item only shows up on a roll of 1 out of 100. Then how many items of that type should I have looted on average if I killed 100 of the mobs that drop that item type?

The odds of 4 people looting something on the very first try and me not looting that same item over the course of several days are WAY off.

Either I'm bugged or the RNG needs to be adjusted for this item. Just my humble opinion. I'll drop it now.

FrostII and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have found that the first try on MANY things is most fortunate.
    For instance..... I am almost guaranteed to get a Beetle Carapace on my first try for the day. After that, forget it.

And I too, have spent a number of HOURS in an area where I KNOW they drop - and so far I've gotten one. :eek:
    IMO ...the drop rate - or - the rng - isn't worth poop. :confused:

Hey @Chris ......... these are DECO items, not king of the mountain artifacts.....
    Give us some slack here............... :mad:

5. Hemswal The Descended

@FrostII I've yet to loot one. I don't even want one anymore. I only go back to farm them more and more to prove a point. The point is, either the loot table for the shrooms is deeply flawed or my character is bugged. Lexi assures me that neither is the case. Yet, I continue to not loot something against all odds. One of my guildies has looted 9 toadstools now.

FrostII likes this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Where and how many did he kill for that 9 ???

7. Hemswal The Descended

She farmed it for several days. Blood River Outskirts.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Hemswal The Descended

Two more low level guild mates just got 2 full sets of toadstool in just a few hours. I've yet to loot one. I am the only (active) person in the guild to not loot one. I plan to keep this bug report active. There is either an issue with the RNG on these or my character is bugged :p

Edit: Right after I made this post, within minutes, my guildy looted 2 more toadstools.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  9. Razarix86

Razarix86 Avatar

Ive looted 6 so far I do have some time invested into it but not as much as Applerust. He also just showed me a better spot to farm them (killing more NPC's that drop the toadstool) and have looted 2 in about 15 mins. He could be very unlucky and have bad dice.... but I think its worth looking into to make sure its not something preventing the drop. XD

Applerust likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.