Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] New Agriculture Skills

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by majoria70, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

10/28/2017 11:21 AM
    Title: New Agriculture Skills
    Reproduction Rate: Insanely quick raising
    Blocker? longevity
    Details: Just trying out the new agriculture skills, they are raising to 40 in a few minutes is this a bug? It was under 5 minutes to raise to 40. Please check on this. Also these skills give us no features like more yield, time bonus on how fast things grow, help prevent plant diseases and we need plant diseases, and perhaps worms will grow. Please make it interesting and fun and yes I know this is feedback but bug too since it affects the game.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Wizards Rest
    Area Display Name: Wizards Rest
    Loc: (104.6, 38.0, 200.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdpemFyZHMgUmVzdHwoMTA0LjYyNywgMzcuOTk3LCAxOTkuOTYpfCgwLCAtMC43MTcsIDAsIDAuNjk3KXwtMjk3MS4wODl8MjIuNzYwNDd8MS4yNQ==

Gregg247 likes this.
  2. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

The bulk watering command seems to be okay, but watering each plant individually is giving me a TON of xp. I have a crafting xp pool right now of 181,000. I took my "Water Plants" skill from level 77 to level 80 by watering 55 plants individually! 55 cotton bushes! It took me all of 2 minutes.

I disagree with you, however, about adding a "withering" or disease aspects to crops. I see 2 reasons to grow crops: to harvest them and sell/use, and for decoration purposes. I've been planting a lot of planting beds full of roses to make my properties more beautiful and different. These are plant/water and forget. I'd hate to have to go around planting, watering, and harvesting over and over again, merely to keep up appearances. (I've also found that using wheat and corn works well for farming properties, around stables and such; these add a look of authenticity to the lot.)

If we end up going in the direction of crop withering, I'd hope we'd get an optional flag to set some planting beds as "deco" -- they'd be immune to wither and disease, but also wouldn't allow for harvest.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Future plans for more agriculture will happen. This is very bare bones system right now. It doesn't make much sense at all but of just imo not much thought went in it.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Making exp from watering? The only time I am making exp is planting the seed. if your pool is good, getting any crafting skill to 40 takes no time at all. I have to agree with greg about the wither though, many plants people use are deco.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

individually? i thought the water skill only came from using it not just double clicking a plant to water it

6. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I thought so, too. I was using bulk watering and seeing my skill bar raise slightly each time (watering 10 plants at a time). I have 5 single-plant pots with cotton as well, so I experimented by watering those individually, just to see what would happen. My skill bar shot up! I then individually watered all 55 cotton bushes I'm currently growing, and I went from level 77 to 80 right away! Obviously this is a bug of some type (or maybe my well is supplying me with magic water!).

EDIT to add: I just checked further. If you turn "Water Plants" off (no increase in skills) and water plants individually, you get no xp added to your pool. (I thought we'd get 20 xp each time, like we do when we craft basic items in milling or smelting.) However, when you turn "Water Plants" on (green triangle in corner), your xp pool drops a lot, but your skill level shoots up even higher.

I just watered my plants again. I went from level 80 to 82. I'm turning off "Water Plants" until we get some updates on it, since there's something seriously wrong with this power.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i dont see how you can individually water a plant using the skill unless you have them fairly spread out the range will water all plants it can

8. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

By individually, I mean that I'm not clicking on the new power on my power bar, I'm just placing the cursor over a single plant on the planting bed and clicking on the E button (i.e.- the "old", slow way of watering plants prior to R46).

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It levels up pretty quick to 40, but so do a lot of skills.....1-40 is usually the easy part!
    If you decide to take it up past 80 you will see it slow down and it will cost you a pretty penny, XP wise (also like a lot of skills ;) That's why you are seeing it drop, @Gregg247 it is taking more to level it than you are getting from completing the action, so it dips into your XP pool.

We have a bug open for not earning producer XP when locked: 52256. It's under review.
    Thank you!

@majoria70

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Thanks @Lexie . I just wanted to make sure I hadn't stumbled onto an exploit, as it was leveling up so much faster than any other skill I've ever used. Looks like I'll be GM'ing my farming skills! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.