Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Re-logging or changing mode too early creates bugged instance

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by redfish, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Reproduction rate: 100% Blocker? No

Details:
    Playing at Boreas Colossus, if I either change matchmaking modes or log back in after leaving play earlier than a set amount of time -- it seems earlier than the time it would take an instance to close if you left it -- then the instance I log into becomes bugged.

The first time I noticed this was with changing matchmaking modes, and I thought that it was a way to prevent cheating by resetting the spawn timer, but then several times I got exited from the game because of a bad Internet connection that turned off, logged back in after my connection went back up, and found the same problems even without having changed matchmaking mode.

One time it also happened when I logged out intentionally to do something then later logged back in.

Several ways it is bugged.
    - The mobs that are recently killed don't respawn ever. (ie if you kill all the imps, you'll get two respawning but not the whole bunch, and this is what happens every time the spawn timer is reached).
    - All the gates that are opened seem to stay open permanently.
    - Visual artifacts from the instance you exited -- this I just noticed today, when the instance became bugged from changing matchmaking mode (for reasons other than cheating !) and is what led me to decide to do the bug report. So, some other players were fighting the Ghost Corpion in Multiplayer with various forms of magic, and in Friends mode when I walked past the Ghost Corpion there was some Sun Beams suspended permanently in the air. I switched back to Multiplayer again and got the same frozen instance, without the other players.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Strangely, the frozen in place sunbeams remained even after I got a reset instance in Mutiplayer and later again when I tried in Friends.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I am not able to repro this I'm afraid. This may possibly be internet network related. Make sure your router firmware is up to date, and that the following ports are open:

Game Service:

• UDP 5054
    • UDP 5055
    • UDP 5056
    • UDP 5057
    • UDP 5058
    • UDP 5059
    It could be a lot of things; in fact I'm really just hoping this isn't an issue for you anymore :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.